Set eggs today Saturday 2/22 - anyone else?

Ok I think I probably did a stupid thing....
th.gif
set 9 eggs to hatch this Monday and have 7 to hatch next Friday (4 days apart) the thing is they are in the same incubator. Is there a way to take a turner rack out while it is still running. I can't figure the darn thing out and I just candled ....... everything looks great with all my eggs. What was I thinking?!?!

you can pull railsout unplug the turner take out all the eggs and take rails out carefully but it takes a little force that is how the sell quaill rails for turners and goose ones they are removable in most cases...I just did a staggered hatch 2 rails in, resting shipped eggs..and hatching eggs in little shallow baskets i got from dollar tree lined with paper towels (NO mess) and kept chicks contained..

you can pull railsout unplug the turner take out all the eggs and take rails out carefully but it takes a little force that is how the sell quaill rails for turners and goose ones they are removable in most cases...I just did a staggered hatch 2 rails in, resting shipped eggs..and hatching eggs in little shallow baskets i got from dollar tree lined with paper towels (NO mess) and kept chicks contained..

Ok I will try that.... Thanks for the info.! I like the basket idea.
smile.png

All 12 of my turkey eggs hatched. The oldest egg was from 02-06-2014. 16 day old egg.
28 more set 03-23-2014
I set 6 turkey eggs from my pair the 21rst to check fertility. I decided to do a quick candling last night when I turned them and 5 have a very obvious spider vein pattern and the other one had something going on.
I've been wondering how long you could save the eggs up. My hen lays every other day, so it took me ten days to get the six I set.
Where do you run your humidity for incubation and lock down?

Back
Top Bottom