Set eggs today Saturday 2/22 - anyone else?

This is a day 3 pic of a BYCer's bantam cochins. (Luckypickens)

I can tell on my white eggs, but I have to wait til days 5 to 7 to be able to tell on my colored eggs. Here's a couple D'uccle eggs from tonight (day 3). I have a Welsummer egg that I won't be able to see anything in until the embryo starts moving (if it does). My F1 OE should be visible in a few days. I start tossing eggs on day 10.

I set 7 red dorking eggs not sure how fertile some have bullseyes some don't set on Sunday. Going to add 6 duckegg that I bought on ebay later this week... i am testing a new 48 egg bator my husband got me. The yellow chinese ones. I have it in my basement so no temp spikes etc , I have a boiler so my basement is heated from all the pipes going to other rooms. I have a brooding room husband again. With enough tubs to fill a toddler bed frame and a twin sized bed frame (70's type with wood slats) great to keep chicks off concrete floor. I have only 2 chicks in there and 50 coming from cacle this week but some of those are meaties..husband says get what ever you want I will just build more coops and runs.

Major problem!! Incubator shut off last night and I can't get it working!! I've put the 6 eggs in a basket wrapped in a slightly damp towel and put it under a heat lamp, will this be ok as a temporary solution?

Major problem!! Incubator shut off last night and I can't get it working!! I've put the 6 eggs in a basket wrapped in a slightly damp towel and put it under a heat lamp, will this be OK as a temporary solution?

I have heard of people doing that or putting them on a heating pad as well I thin the damp towel may not be necessary.

You can also use the electric skillet. Just set it to warm and wrap them in a towel inside. I'd agree with sasimpson that it doesn't need to be damp.
Hope you can get the bator going soon.

I set my first 23 eggs in a little giant still air on Saturday around noon also! 6 marans, 8 ameraucauna and the rest red sex links crossed with my ameraucauna rooster (mutts, but I'm curious what they look and lay like?). Had some temp issues the first day, so we will see what happens. Can't wait to candle!

Got the bator working again. Concerned about the eggs though, they got pretty hot under the heat lamp so not sure if they'll be okay. I had to get the bator fixed and when I came back they felt quite hot to touch. Will this kill them?, it was only for a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom