Set my very first eggs today (due March 24th) - need a hatching buddy!

Quote:
I don't have an answer, but I have a question. Where did you get you BLRW from?

I got 10 from a neighbor and I got 14 from livinzoo on BYC. She lives in GA, so I was able to go get them this weekend:D

After this hatch is done, I will be getting more. I candled my 8 BLRW today and only 3 of them were good and growing. 2 were fertile but didn't do anything. And 3 weren't even fertile.
sad.png
But I also got 7 Blue Marans from that same person adn only one was bad.
smile.png

Quote:
Did you get them from someone on BYC? Livinzoo has some pretty birds. And she was very nice and informative. I'm guessing you opened them up to find out if they were fertile? This is only my second hatch. I didn't open the eggs in the first hatch that didn't hatch...I think I was a little bit afraid of what I would find. I know I'm a wimp
lol.png
But from what I could tell, only 1 was fully formed(by candling), and the other 5 were blood rings. Maybe I'll get up the nerve this time around to open them up. I'll let you know as things progress, how fertile these eggs are. You should look up Livinzoo and see if she has any eggs for sale. Good luck!

Quote:
Did you get them from someone on BYC? Livinzoo has some pretty birds. And she was very nice and informative. I'm guessing you opened them up to find out if they were fertile? This is only my second hatch. I didn't open the eggs in the first hatch that didn't hatch...I think I was a little bit afraid of what I would find. I know I'm a wimp
lol.png
But from what I could tell, only 1 was fully formed(by candling), and the other 5 were blood rings. Maybe I'll get up the nerve this time around to open them up. I'll let you know as things progress, how fertile these eggs are. You should look up Livinzoo and see if she has any eggs for sale. Good luck!

I did get these from someone off BYC. But I'd like to keep their name to myself for now. I am not exactly pleased with the results of these eggs, but I don't want them to get a bad rap either.

I just might look up Livinzoo when I'm done with these. Thanks for the tip!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Glad you had a good day on day 1.
Mine finally leveled out to where it needs to be-just hoping there are still 12 little developing babies in there!

so when you guys candle do you take out one egg at a time and keep opening the 'bator or do you take out the rack?

Back
Top Bottom