Set my very first eggs today (due March 24th) - need a hatching buddy!

I'll pull them out one at a time-most likely will only candle half at day 7, mark them and candle the other half at second candling.
By the way techno, are you candling tomorrow or at day 10?

Quote:
At Day 10, because I suck at candling and would rather give the eggs a good chance to develop first...
fl.gif

Good for you fordmommy! I hand turn my eggs and my darn humidity has not been steady so I have to watch mine carefully.
Definitely getting a new incubator soon!
Hope all is going well for the rest of the hatchers!

All good here too. Incubator is holding temp and humidity nice and steady. I have been working on a candler, basically a 75w bulb with a can over it. I have a quarter sized hole in the bottom of the can. My pink eggs I see just fine. My blue, green and brown eggs I can't see dink. Any suggestions ? What works for you all ?

Quote:
I bought a LED flash light from Menards and took out the plastic shield plate that protects the light bulbs. Works awesome and was only $6.00. It was a little work to get the plate out, but worth it. I can even see in the Maran eggs.

Last edited:
Boy, those green EE eggs sure are hard to candle, even with a professional candler
ep.gif

However, I could NOT wait and just candled the 30 eggs (day 6)... and I saw distinctive development on about 12 to 15 eggs!

celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

A bunch aren't fertile, a few I could not tell as the shell is too dark so we'll just wait and see...

I saw blood rings on two eggs so I will candle again on Sunday and toss out the bad eggs then, I don't want an explosion in the 'bator!
th.gif

Wooo!

Back
Top Bottom