Set my very first eggs today (due March 24th) - need a hatching buddy!

I candled again tonight and 3 of my wyandotte eggs had very clear blood rings, I've removed them from the incubator and feel really sad! The silkie ones don't seem to be doing much at all but I've been told they take a bit longer to develop. Should I be seeing veining in them by now? day 8

woot.gif
Yay! We may be done...I have 5 eggs left, no pips. I'll give till tonight and candle and see if there's any movement. So far, we have 5 RSL, 6 SLW, and 4 JG so far. I love hatching. The chicks are so cute!
wee.gif

Good for you ilovebuffs! Congrats on your chicks!
By day 8, I believe veining should be visible, Morag, but don't quote me on that, I have never hatched Silkies before.

I love to read about all the folks hatching. I used to but just don't have the time any more, so I buy my chicks every year. I must admit I'm thinking on getting the bator set up again, just to see if I still got the nerve. Thank you all for the great post. Here at the homestead I've made many great people here. Keep on hatching.

Ok!!
wee.gif
So far this morning I have three pips.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
Im keeping an eye on them as if anyone has read my post on the temperature spike, it went up to 103.8 for several days for I dont know how long so I am and was worried they were fried. Ive ordered a Genesis 1588 and am chucking this LG!!
he.gif
I will be watching all day Incubator TV and hope all turns out well.
fl.gif
Time to go feed the daddy!! I have more chickens than sense........does this mean Im chicken obsessed?
barnie.gif

Rammy

Congratulations everyone on doing so well!!!!!
clap.gif
fl.gif
for everyone who is patiently awaiting the sound of peeping coming from the incubator!!!!

I am up to 4 eggs of my own and I am picking some eggs up from a fellow BYC'r today and I will be incubating for the both of us!!
ya.gif
bun.gif

There should be a total of about 25 all together!!! Wow! Luckily I have the incubator all ready to go so I can set them tonight!!!
woot.gif
They should be due on the 10th or 11th of April!!!

Quote:
Congrats to you, Rammy! So glad the spike didn't fry your hatch. I've had a couple of spikes, but none as high as yours.
I'm with you, this incubator is going after this hatch!
I think the more chickens you have-the more sense you have. Guess that makes me a genius!
lol.png

Bec-so glad you got some eggs to incubate! Good luck to you!

Last edited:
TODAY IS LOCKDOWN!

OMG!!

wee.gif

Am preparing the temp brooder, chicks will have to stay in the house for a few days as we're getting a cold spike in the weather (of course) but I don't mind, I can keep a better eye on them this way. Ah, where's your broody hen when you need one! LOL

Back
Top Bottom