Set my very first eggs today (due March 24th) - need a hatching buddy!

ROroinga...is it possible your reader is broken? Did you put something on the bottom of the eggs that could cause humidity to fall? Maybe a picture of your bator would help

I rewet the sponge with warm water and refiled the wells, since I have the hose in I didnt have to open it. The humidity went up to 50%, I have not calibrated that hygrometer so I put one in from the other bator that I know is 12 degrees lower than the actual reading and it read about 55%. I am gonna to read the one that I know is calibrated and not the other. Its a little Giant bator with a fan kit. Thanks

Quote:
I feel your pain with that LG incubator.
Try adding a wet rag to the incubator to jack that humidity up some-I have 2 in mine right now-humidity holding at 68.

I have 25 mutts due on Tuesday, this is my first time too
hide.gif

Quote:
Yup, I also have 9 new kits from our New Zealand bunny that were born yesterday morning and a very prego cat and fish, my bedroom is turning into a delivery room
lau.gif

They are here!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
Three so far and the other is working on it. They started piping today around 8 am central and I have been in here every five minutes. The first one came out when I went out to feed the horse.
th.gif
I figured she took all day, this will onlyl take a few minutes, and tada!!!
barnie.gif
Then the other one hatched like in five minutes after the first one then another one. Just waiting on the last one to hatch.
thumbsup.gif
Thankfully the temperature spike didnt kill them!!! Ive got babies! Ive got babies!!<dancing>
wee.gif

Rammy

Well done everybody...

I lockdown tomorrow. Tonight I candled two doubtfuls and chucked one. Then I candled one for luck...and you should have seen the show the chick in there put on for us. It was dancing around like crazy...kicking and pulsing in there. AMAZING!!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
We got a new Hovabator, put in 42 eggs and followed directions. Our first chick hatch, tho we successfully hatched 15 pekin ducks in our home made 'bator. However, the humidity meter didn't function right and gave us a wrong reading, so we added more water to increase humidity as the meter showed it to be too low, around 40. At lockdown, more water as it said to do, and what a sad hatching day. 4 chicks hatched.. later when we did the post mortems, the chicks had drowned in the air sacs.. water literally poured out of the eggs. They were for the most part fully formed.
hit.gif

Tonight we expect a hatch of 28.. we've carefully monitored the humidity at 50 with a new gauge and hopefully it will be OK. Increased it to 70 at lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom