Set my very first eggs today (due March 24th) - need a hatching buddy!

I have pics!! Everybody successfully came thru despite the temperature fluctuation.
somad.gif
The two yellow ones are Buff/White Leghorn mixes, the Buff one Im hoping is a purebred Buff, and the black one Im not sure if its Black Austrolorpe or Barred Rock/ Buff cross.
jumpy.gif
That was the last one that took its time hatching. He/she finally came in around 12:30 last night.
ya.gif
It was a long day!!!!
barnie.gif

Rammy

Yes... Congrats on the new little ones.

I am going into lockdown as of this evening. I candled an egg yesterday and saw the chick doing the YMCA. Dancing away!!!!
wink.png

I have heard many different numbers for the humidity to be at. I have built my own forced air bator. Would 65% humidity be better than 70%?

Sounds like everyone has their hands full with new fuzzybutts. I locked down last night, running a steady 99* @ 55-60 %. I put together another incubator yesterday, it's on a 24hr test run, seems to be doing fine. If it continues to do well I will be setting my second batch of eggs tonight.

Hope all goes well for everyone.

Just have to say.... my first ever buff orp broody sitting on a mix of mutt eggs for a friend got her first chick... and could easily see 2 more of the 10 have pipped... This little girl(being optimistic) is outta my EE egg...

30900_101_2327.jpg

Why is it, no matter how hard you stare at the eggs through the window of the incubator it does not make them hatch!
barnie.gif

I have NOTHING-no pips, no peeps, no rocking-nada!
he.gif

Congrats to the rest of you on your new babies-so precious!
As for me, I'll just sit here, patiently-NOT!
To the rest of you on lockdown-keeping my fingers crossed for you.
fl.gif

ihvpower-Lockdown is the last 3 days of incubation when you jack the humidity up to 60-70%(temp stays the same) and don't open the incubator unless you HAVE to!

Hi all! Drug into hatching on day 1 with the delivery of my hovabator at 12 and the eggs at 2 to my classroom! I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT EGGS except I prefer mine scramble fried! I think we've done well with the turning and hopefully the humidity has been right, I have recently candled and have 7 dark eggs with air cells large enough to put about 25 BB's into. They are due Thursday the 25th. I was planning lockdown tonight by filling the water channels and saying a prayer. There will be 28 disappointed 4th and 5th graders - not to mention the teacher - if nothing happens. Anyone online with some tips??? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom