Set my very first eggs today (due March 24th) - need a hatching buddy!

Im glad that so far, even though Ive only hatched six eggs so far, Ive not had the problems or the heartache some of you have had wiht the poor babies having problems or having to help them out. Im sure that as I continue to hatch more eggs, I'll probably encounter some similar problems. Its very encouraging to read how so many have mustered the strength and know what to do or attempt to do in order to save a fledgling fuzziebutt. This forum is a lifesaver. Congratulations to all who have gone above and beyond in helping a new life come into this world and doing what you feel you must in order to make that possible. You are truely an inspiration.

Rammy

Amen to that!

clap.gif

Well the little one that I have nursed is doing swell! It was my brother's birthday egg and I just knew that I couldn't let it go. He has named it Trooper!!!! he he he...Rock on Trooper...Rock on!!!

Have you candled them? Do they show any signs of movement?
jumpy.gif
What about before lockdown?
idunno.gif
When did you stop candeling or did you? Me.....shoot!! I was candling every day the first batch. Second batch I wasnt so obsessive.
smile.png
Keeping fingers crossed!!
fl.gif
bow.gif

Rammy

ihvpowerdid you check for fertility in your eggs prior to hatching? (Just a thought, not sure if you bought them online or if they are your stock or whatever) There is a very handy thread on here that taught me how to check for fertility if you havent seen it yet. My fingers are crossed for you that you have some babies. My first hatch they didnt start until Day 23, I think probably because I was hand turning and had to open it so often to do so or maybe because it is winter *shrug*

I tried to candle but the eggs are SO dark brown that I could not see a thing. I am almost positive that I felt movement though. Lockdown was on the 25th...maybe I am just nervous!?

Back
Top Bottom