Set my very first eggs today (due March 24th) - need a hatching buddy!

It's day 22 for me and still nothing. I'm really sad. I'm going to hold out till day 25 though. Just in case. When I candled before lockdown all I could see was the aircell and the rest of the egg was dark. But if I don't get anything, it's because this was a staggered hatch and I guess with the humidity being up then down. I'm still sad though. We bought 15 of the eggs locally and were given 10 of them. ihvpower any action yet? Here's holding out for both of us
fl.gif

I took a look at 5AM just before I left for work...nothing. I am very sad too!. Iwill not give up hope yet, though. I KNOW I saw an air sac early on.

Yay! I've not been on in a couple days because I've been in front of the bator. I have 6 BLRW! I'm so happy. My DH isn't though...he thinks out of 18 eggs we should have more than that. I know it was because of the high humidity 7 days before lockdown
sad.png
I still have one more pipped. I'm going to give them till tomorrow night. That will be 25 days total. I figure that is plenty of time. Anything for youihvpower?
fl.gif
Here hoping you do. Thank you all for your support. This is a great thread
smile.png

These are the results of my hatch (and a quick trip for 4 others from Ideal via feed store)

http://picasaweb.google.com/Auntducks

Mabel and I hatched....
Abby the Sussex (from our last sussex that passed)

Mabeleine the mystery sussex

Lucy is buttercup #1 - crazy stripe

Ethyl is buttercup #2 - straight stripe

Minnie for the little barnevelder

And these beauties came from local feed store/ Ideal stock....
Rosie is SLW

Frieda is Barred Rock

Phoebe is white EE - isn't that a great name for her???

Melba is the dark EE

I'll be updating the captions so you can see the dates...next order of business will be sexing!! LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom