Set today, Sept 28th. Anyone else?

i just locked down my 18 set to hatch wed...one didnt look real good
fl.gif
but i didnt take it out ....happy hatching everyone
jumpy.gif

We started with 30, and locked down 18. Was down to 22 after day 10, and the last 4 were obvious early quitters.

The two of you who called a few "dicey" or not real good...what was it you noticed?

Today is hatch day for me! Thought I might wake up to a pip or two, but nothing. Last time I set at 5pm, and they started hatching 21 days later at 10pm. This time I set at 9am, hoping for day hatches...we'll see what happens!

I have one pipped and chirping! My incubator only holds three, so I was going to candle one more time since I hadn't seen any pips (woops) ...

I grabbed the egg on the far right, candled, and saw the chick had broken thru the internal membrane and it's beak was in the air sack! Yes!

Egg two, in the middle, showed a packed-in chick but no internal pip yet.

When I grabbed egg three, I had this fleeting thought: "Why is there eggshell on the bottom of the ... OH CRAP!"

I immediately filled a spray bottle with hot water and misted the membrane, while the chick from egg three peeped back at me as if to say "Whew! Thanks!"
smile.png

Humidity is now up for hatch. Fingers crossed, and best of luck to everyone else!

Edited to add --- I'm *supposed* to have two more days before hatch, as I set on Thursday the 29th! Early birds!

Last edited:
Quote:
What time on the 28th did you set?

We set at 9am, and have no pips yet. Were left with 18 viable on day 16 after candling. The wait is maddening!!!

Back
Top Bottom