Settin Eggz Aug. 12th-18th!!

With this heat we have I was scared that the incubation had started in the mail van so I don't wait more than a few hours to put in the bator. I think that was the mistake I made last time and thats the reason I got 0/52 hatchings. Only hatched eggs of my hens that I used like a control group.One of the sellers (40 )eggs were broken and scrambled and the other seller's eggs had already started incubation. So this time I am not risking. I put them the bator 2 or 3 hours later. Put them in eggs cartons in a upright position and dont move them for the first day. I candled and most eggs had a ok air cell.
fl.gif

Welcome!!!

Understand bout the "egg expense"....my Phoenix cost me $55...but I think its worth it!!

Heard the Double yoke dont survive...but heard also...that 1 dies & the other has Hatched!!!

Good Luck with all of them!!!

Thanks,

The egg expense is worth it if they hatch. Hope we got hatches...I have peachicks ameraucana eggs. I'm taking most precautions and I'm vigilant...This are going to be some long 21 days. I should not candle, I should not candle....let's see if my autocontrol works and I can stop myself on candling. I'm only allowing myself to candle at day 7 and at lockdown.

Ha Leela! I'm so excited to be a chick momma -hopes & hopes-

Dont worry bout puttin the towl over the eggs....10-15 minutes aint too bad!!
The eggs do need fresh air too!....Relax!...Ur Girl knows what shes doin!! :D

and haha I timed her exactly 15 minutes and put a tiny towel over them today.
She is sooooo into the eggs, I hope all goes well.

Why are you only going to candle 2x mabhera?
I wish I could candle nowwwww
lol.png

Edit: good luck with that double yolker, I just watched twins on youtube today:

Last edited:
With this heat we have I was scared that the incubation had started in the mail van so I don't wait more than a few hours to put in the bator. I think that was the mistake I made last time and thats the reason I got 0/52 hatchings. Only hatched eggs of my hens that I used like a control group.One of the sellers (40 )eggs were broken and scrambled and the other seller's eggs had already started incubation. So this time I am not risking. I put them the bator 2 or 3 hours later. Put them in eggs cartons in a upright position and dont move them for the first day. I candled and most eggs had a ok air cell.
fl.gif
Being the newbie I am (this is only my 2nd hatch) I regret waiting the 12 hours maybe the 3 I tossed with blood ring would have made it. I had emailed the seller and asked her and her reply came too late. Another lesson learned.

When I got my shipped eggs in I let them sit for 12 hours before I set them. When I did put them in the bator I placed them upright in an egg carton and did not turn them for 5 days just to let everything settle even more so. I read this article (http://www.heavensentranch.com/incubationtechniques.htm ) about incubation techniques and shipped eggs and last night when I candled (day7) the air cells all looked great. I have 11/15 that have made it to day7. Tossed the other 4. 1 had no development and the other 3 all had blood rings. 11/15 is not bad for shipped eggs in my opinion.
THANX fro the link!!....read that article & others!

Had to toss 3 this mornin....the embryo/yoke was at the bottom (detached)
So down to 10 of my Phoenix....put them in the incubator at the bottom(hatcher tray)...so they wont b turned either!

Hope the (albumin) clear/white liquid will thicken up to start turnin them next week
fl.gif

Always use egg cartons to turn in the babtor...& hatch layin on the side in a coffee filter!
But these will stay in the carton to hatch also!!
Dont want to take the chance of them drownin after day 18....if they last that long!!

My barnyard mixes & landlords eggs r doin GREAT!!!....& got sum Wonderful Veins!...woohoo

Sounds like u got a Pretty Darn Good Chance of a WONDERFUL HATCH!!!

fl.gif
That sounds Great!!....Wishin u the BEST!!!!!

Thanks,

The egg expense is worth it if they hatch. Hope we got hatches...I have peachicks ameraucana eggs. I'm taking most precautions and I'm vigilant...This are going to be some long 21 days. I should not candle, I should not candle....let's see if my autocontrol works and I can stop myself on candling. I'm only allowing myself to candle at day 7 and at lockdown.
Oh the resistance isnt strong enough against the force!
lol.png
hide.gif

I candle at Day 1 before goin in the incubator...7, 14 & 18...then 22 if needed!!
I just Hope & Pray I get a FEW PHOENIX!!!

My Barnyard mix r sooo eazy & always have them....and can always hatch more!

But the Phoenix is different....& I know my daughter would b CRUSHED!!!
hit.gif

So this batch is More Special & More Stressful!!!
barnie.gif

I go into lockdown tonight on the 2 dozen white&buff silkie eggs I had shipped from Florida to Cali......expecting some damage I ordered 2 dozen and the post office did thier thing to then 5 broken on delievery......I have 7 good prospects and 2 hard to tells.....wish them luck they were expensive and some awesome quality breeding
highfive.gif

In previews hatches I candled almost all days starting in day 3....I just dont pick the same eggs. It's like a addiction. You just wonder and want to know what is happening inside those eggs. In this incubation I dont want to mess those eggs so I'm touching unless is needed. If I need to candle just for the craving of candling I'll do it with the eggs from my hens that are used as a control group.
Those beautiful blue eggs need to hatch.

I go into lockdown tonight on the 2 dozen white&buff silkie eggs I had shipped from Florida to Cali......expecting some damage I ordered 2 dozen and the post office did thier thing to then 5 broken on delievery......I have 7 good prospects and 2 hard to tells.....wish them luck they were expensive and some awesome quality breeding
highfive.gif

Hoping everything goes ok. This not knowing and having to wait is the worst part but you are so near......
fl.gif
Post pictures of the babies...

Back
Top Bottom