Setting 7/21 - should be due on 8/10 anyone else?

WOW!! Got a bunch of rambunctious fuzzy butts in the bator, I'm trying to wait to open it at all until everyone has a chance to hatch, but it is hard!! I want to open it up and see!!! The humidity is around 82%, some of the chicks are panting in there, maybe I should open it and get the dried ones out, but I don't want to compromise the rest of the eggs. So far, only one lavendar auracana has hatched, praying for more, got alot of BR's from my hens, and a few of the guineas have hatched as well. Anyone got some advice??

fl.gif
pop.gif
hu.gif

Quote:
I would wait unless they are totally reaking havoc in your bator. They will encourage the others to hatch and there is no chance of the other eggs getting damaged if you don't open it up.

Last edited:
Well, I couldn't wait anymore, the first chick is 48 hours old, and no more were pipping that I could see, so I opened up and got out 13 fuzzy butts, 4 of them are guineas, one lavendar auracana, and the rest are BR's. Put them out in the brooder and hoping for the best. Will let the bator run another couple days, today is day 27 for the guineas and day 22 for the chickens. Should be long enough for any laggers to hatch. I had 15 lavendar aura eggs, 15 guinea eggs and filled out the bator with my own BR eggs, so total 39 in all. Shipping really does a number on the eggs, and the lavendars had to wait a whole week to be set because they came at the same time as the guinea eggs, so thats why only one of them hatched. Well, live and learn..maybe will have enough chickens now to hatch my own eggs next year, really like the blue/splash/lavendar chickens!

love.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
wee.gif

Well, we got one more guinea, Sunday AM, and another had fully hatched and dried off, then fell over dead. (??!!??) Got at least 5-6 eggs with pips and partial zips that are dead in the shell. So sad. Got 14 fuzzy butts, one is laying around like it is going to die, but still hanging on, guess we are done now.

Back
Top Bottom