Setting a hatch...wanna join??

I also have 2 out now , one buff easter egger and one black easter egger and a few pips. I have a w. ameraucana roo and a black ameraucana roo over my buff orp laying flock for easter egger pullets for next year. Also 5 pure w. ameraucana eggs but nothing out of them yet, not worrying though as it is a little bit of a staggered hatch for them.

Going out to brave the rain and spend a few hours unloading hay and grooming my horse. Hopefully I come back to a 'bator full of chicks!

I just set 34 more eggs in the incubator and around 50 in the hatchers yesterday and 25 more today went into the incubator. I have hatches on Oct. 29th, Nov. 2nd, Nov. 9th, Nov. 16th, and Nov. 17th so far. No pips yet.

I've got a hatch due on the 16th of November - my very first evar!!!
ep.gif
wee.gif

8 Out as of this morning with a few more pips. 2 are black easter eggers and 6 are buff easter eggers...20 or so eggs left to go
jumpy.gif

Im really liking the egg carton method. It was a first for me and Im seeing that they hatch really quickly and cleanly. My only issue with it, the chicks that hatched yesterday are now roosting on the sides of the carton
roll.png

I also did a 'dry hatch' I didnt add any water to my LG until lockdown and it seems like Im going to have a great hatch. They all made it to lockdown anyways
idunno.gif

12 are out. Grabbed them out of the 'bator but one had not absorbed the yolk sack all the way and went back in to finish up
smile.png
4 Are black easter eggers and the rest are buff. None of my ameraucana eggs have hatched so far or even pipped but Im holding out hope as they still have another day or two.

Still really liking the egg carton method, everyone is hatching really clean and fast and it was super east turning them too as I dont have a automatic turner for my LG. Im also hoping for a good hatch rate and may get it considering about half are already out.

Back
Top Bottom