Setting and hatching in December? Come join us! - Holiday Season hatch-along

i have nothing so far but my usually extremely friendly hen now is aggressive. She wont let me get any eggs out from under her to candle them. She now pecks me and lets me know that it's her nest and I'm not welcome near it.
Hope that means at least one egg has a healthy chick in it :) They are due sunday.

i have nothing so far but my usually extremely friendly hen now is aggressive. She wont let me get any eggs out from under her to candle them. She now pecks me and lets me know that it's her nest and I'm not welcome near it.
Hope that means at least one egg has a healthy chick in it :) They are due sunday.
How many eggs are under your hen?

ok I had a silkie pip at 7 am yesterday its still in same place alittle bigger not much how long before I gett it out or do I just leave in there? today is day 21. I have 3 others pipped and dont want to shrink wrap by opening bator WHAT SHOULD I DO????

Congrats on the 3 chicks so far they are adorable. I hope the other 3 hatch for you soon. Is it normal though for your broody to be off the eggs so much? I have yet to have a broody so I dont know how they work.

I moved the hen off myself to take the pictures. She is a great sitter, and very friendly to me and my wife when we come in to check on her or the chicks. She did growl at our cat when he walked by though... Good momma!

ok I had a silkie pip at 7 am yesterday its still in same place alittle bigger not much how long before I gett it out or do I just leave in there? today is day 21. I have 3 others pipped and dont want to shrink wrap by opening bator WHAT SHOULD I DO????
did your silkie ever hatch ?

my blue orps are going into lockdown sat out of 24 only 4 have made it so far several were infertile and out of 22 swedish flower hen eggs 10 falied to do anything all from the same seller only one developed and quit around day 10 I have 5 that seem to be doing ok and the marans eggs are on day 4

Do shipped eggs do better in the spring and fall ? I ordered silkie eggs and buff orpingtons in late sept out of 20 silkie eggs 14 hatched and 10 out of 12 on the buff orps they were my first time ever hatching. The eggs ive been getting lately have'nt really done well if I could only find local eggs

Back
Top Bottom