Setting duck eggs on Saturday, 8/18 - Anyone wanna join? (Set by next Saturday for chicken eggs)

I know! Luckily I'm almost in Vermont, so most of the bad stuff went around us. I didn't even hear a single clap of thunder!
love.gif
Good luck with the other eggs
jumpy.gif
! I'll be locking down the silkie eggs in a few minutes here.
I know it's early but any pips?

Nope. They're not moving yet either. I'm on pins and needles waiting for them! I'm home all day tomorrow so we'll see if any action occurs. My incubator actually had a the temp drop today to 91! Opposite of my other problem. It wasn't for more than 3 hours, though. I hope it didn't hurt them. With no pips yet I'm tempted to take them out of lockdown to candle and see. They're not due till Thursday/Friday so I don't think it would hurt them...

im so exceted

today is day 20 and i have 2 zips almost out and 5 external pips

i wasnt even expecting them yet

EDIT: 2 are out and another 7 eggs with external PIP

Last edited:
Today's day 19 for me. Nothing yet, but some of them I didn't set under the silkie until 10 pm the day I set them, so I'm not really surprised. I just want a little fluff ball already! I keep imagining one of the eggs in the incubator is moving every time I glance over real quick, but it's really not. My mind is playing tricks on me!

Alright, I'm getting nervous. Should I be seeing movement? It's technically day 19 for two of them, and day 19 for the other two starts at 10 tonight. They're just not really doing anything and I'm nervous...

Alright, I'm getting nervous. Should I be seeing movement? It's technically day 19 for two of them, and day 19 for the other two starts at 10 tonight. They're just not really doing anything and I'm nervous...

dont worry none of my eggs move at all even when i get external pip

all i see is a moving beak but still egg

infact i dont see much movement during zipping so dont worry

btw out of 24 eggs and its midnight here now i have had 10 hatched and out

another 14 to go of which only 5 are yet to pip externally but have piped internally the other 9 are exernally pipped

not bad for day 20

i reckon i will wake to the rest hatched

I wish mine would move or do something! The temp jumped up to 102 a few minutes ago so since I had to open the bator anyway to cool it down I candled one of the eggs real quick and I may have seen a little beak in the air cell. It still has veins and movement and such so I think they're probably okay.

Back
Top Bottom