Setting duck eggs on Saturday, 8/18 - Anyone wanna join? (Set by next Saturday for chicken eggs)

So my eggs went into lock down and while I was at work we lost power
he.gif
. Temp got down to 88 degress I have no ideal how long they were this low for. I hope they will be ok!!
barnie.gif

Got some good and bad news 

Good is the splayed legger has made a full recovery I took of split to test him out and he is fine been off 6 hours now and he is walking fine

Bad is the hernia chick has passed away and the other chick that I fear for I examined her closer to find that she will need to be let go as its a broken leg she is suffering with 

Got some good and bad news
Good is the splayed legger has made a full recovery I took of split to test him out and he is fine been off 6 hours now and he is walking fine
Bad is the hernia chick has passed away and the other chick that I fear for I examined her closer to find that she will need to be let go as its a broken leg she is suffering with
Sorry to hear about that

Well it's coming up on 24 hours since the external pip and the chick has made no progress. It's still alive and peeping but it's not moving or zipping. What do I do?

One hatched but it has what appears to be a very tiny prolapse or something :( I dunno how he'll do...

Well it's coming up on 24 hours since the external pip and the chick has made no progress. It's still alive and peeping but it's not moving or zipping. What do I do?
I had one do the same and I let nature run its coarse. He ended up dying but 9 times out of 10 there is a reason why they don't survive and end up with other problems and suffering in the long run. Just my experiences though.

They all made it except one that was too big for its shell and when it turned to zip it cut off its oxygen supply and suffocated. I wish I had helped that one. It had no problems, it was just too big. Poor chickie. Silkie got all her five out okay, and I took one of hers to lessen the load on her so we each have four. I got paint, and some interesting colors too! I believe this tiny little chick is blue:

DSCF2088.jpg

And this, I think, is a splash showgirl. She has the cutest little bowtie:

DSCF2092.jpg

And this is the first chick that hatched for me:

DSCF2081.jpg

As you can see she hatched before her belly button was fully closed and nearly gave me a heart attack but she's all better now. Loving the little guys :love

And, two ducks due tonight/tomorrow so I don't even get a break from all this hatching stress!

Last edited:
They all made it except one that was too big for its shell and when it turned to zip it cut off its oxygen supply and suffocated. I wish I had helped that one. It had no problems, it was just too big. Poor chickie. Silkie got all her five out okay, and I took one of hers to lessen the load on her so we each have four. I got paint, and some interesting colors too! I believe this tiny little chick is blue:
DSCF2088.jpg

And this, I think, is a splash showgirl. She has the cutest little bowtie:
DSCF2092.jpg

And this is the first chick that hatched for me:
DSCF2081.jpg

As you can see she hatched before her belly button was fully closed and nearly gave me a heart attack but she's all better now. Loving the little guys
love.gif

And, two ducks due tonight/tomorrow so I don't even get a break from all this hatching stress!
Very cute!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom