Setting Eggs 1/19 - Hatching Buddies

I hope they all make it! And I'm glad to hear that if I really have gone loony over my eggs, I'm not alone!!! How many eggs did you set originally?
I started with 14. I only ordered 7...she sent extras and of course I HAD to set them all! The other 5 were clear on day 10. So far I've had one hatch...day 21 for me today!
fl.gif

I use my iphone light to candle, works great! Even on very hard to see eggs like quails.

Congrats on the pip, any updates? What color silkies?

Today my 2nd batch is due. Woke up and found one already zipped and just popped out of the shell. I have got an early bird! Surprising cause my first batch was all 2 days past due.
Little chick hatched around 3am! Buff silkie. I also have another buff, 2 white, 2 bbs, 1 splash, 1 partridge, and a showgirl! No other visible pips yet...day 21!
fl.gif
Congrats on your early bird!

I started with 14. I only ordered 7...she sent extras and of course I HAD to set them all! The other 5 were clear on day 10. So far I've had one hatch...day 21 for me today!
fl.gif

Congratulations!!!!! Love the picture!!! ...everyone says leave the chick in the incubator... don't take him out... I'm new, so I'm taking the sage advice of others. Waiting patiently for signs of hatching. Ok, who am I kidding... there's NOTHING patient about my waiting :) I have been chirping, encouraging, lecturing... We need to start a thread on "diversions while waiting for your eggs to hatch"
jumpy.gif
I hope your others give you some action soon!

This is day 20 for my FBCM eggs and day 21 for my Welsummers. I have one Welly that has done some very slight rocking from day 18, but I don't see any external pips on anybody yet! I'm sitting on my hands.... I am so tempted to open the bator and candle for internal pips, but don't know what I would do if I saw any anyway, so unless one of you experienced hatchers has some advice for me, I am going to glue my hands down and wait, wait, wait. Aaahhhhh
I know it's So hard to wait!
caf.gif

Congratulations!!!!! Love the picture!!! ...everyone says leave the chick in the incubator... don't take him out... I'm new, so I'm taking the sage advice of others. Waiting patiently for signs of hatching. Ok, who am I kidding... there's NOTHING patient about my waiting :) I have been chirping, encouraging, lecturing... We need to start a thread on "diversions while waiting for your eggs to hatch"
jumpy.gif
I hope your others give you some action soon!
I'm cleaning out the fridge...located right next to the incubator! I've been tapping and talking! I'll leave the little guy in for now. He can be a cheerleader for the others!

Getting excited over here as I hear little peeps.. the brooder chicks are peeing away and some very soft chirps are coming from the bator.. So hopefully chicks tomorrow the official due date! I have to build another brooder as the two week old chicks have outgrown it and they're getting cranky in there.. :p

Getting excited over here as I hear little peeps.. the brooder chicks are peeing away and some very soft chirps are coming from the bator.. So hopefully chicks tomorrow the official due date! I have to build another brooder as the two week old chicks have outgrown it and they're getting cranky in there.. :p

Congratulations!!! Maybe I can phone your chicks and they can peep over the speaker to get mine moving :) I hope you get some pips and zips soon!!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom