setting eggs 10/20 or 10/21, anyone else??

Mommysongbird

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 17, 2011
Small Town, Virginia
Hey, looks like we might be setting eggs on either 10/20 or 10/21, anyone else??

We have been collecting from our 4 pullets for about 3 days now and got 4 eggs today, so that has put us up to 8 eggs, we are only planning on setting 12 because they may or may not be fertilized.

I have some in the fridge that have only been in there a few days, so I thought I might take a few of them out, just to see what happens??

So if you are setting on either of those dates and you would like to join us for a chicken hatch, come on 'over'.

Got 1 dozen eggs now, got our last 4 today. Love my girlies!

I have to wait for my dad to get our heaters installed in the dining room and living room, so that should be sometime tomorrow. I am going to get the incubator out in the morning and set it up and let it run to get everything ready.

I do hope these are fertile. We just need a few more pullets, so I am crossing my fingers.
fl.gif

I may take a few out of the fridge, still haven't decided if I will or not????? Wish us luck.

I just set an early Christmas present today from Glenda Charm 1704! 32 assorted Lavendar orps, Black Copper marans Wade Jeanne C1, Blue Marans and a couple Olive Eggers
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
celebrate.gif
th.gif

She's incredible and so are her babies
love.gif
I love
love.gif
Back Yard Chickens
frow.gif
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh, hey Melissa Rose (is Rose a married/maiden/or just made up) name??
frow.gif
My maiden name is Rose!

We have an Olive Egger too. So right now we have I think 3 olives, 3 green (of some sort), 3 pinks and 3 white eggs.

Quote:
Oh, hey Melissa Rose (is Rose a married/maiden/or just made up) name??
frow.gif
My maiden name is Rose!

We have an Olive Egger too. So right now we have I think 3 olives, 3 green (of some sort), 3 pinks and 3 white eggs.

Hi
frow.gif
My married name is Melissa Rose Lang-Kemp - Melissa Rose is my first name - I am named after my Mom's favorite name - Melissa - and my Loving Aunt - Rose
hugs.gif
frow.gif

What a great surprise from Glenda - I'm in fuzzy heaven
celebrate.gif
love.gif

Last edited:
I set 18 eggs this morning!! the 23rd!!

7 are Rouen Duck eggs and the others are assorted Chicken eggs-nothing full blooded because I don't have any chickens to match up with my roosters! I have 3 roosters (a black silkie, a BO, and a Black/gold cochin/? (possibly silkie) My eggs are Brown leghorn, RIR, BR, BSL, RSL, and Indian Rivers. Should be for an interesting hatch.

Back
Top Bottom