Setting eggs 6/11 and 7/4 - Join me!

Update! I have one baby out so far, and several pips ^..^ The one out is dark...looks like it is going to be black, maybe mottled. I'll get pictures once it is dried off :D

I went from one to three this morning (and the second and third went from pip to hatch in no time at all...like popcorn exploding from the eggs!) I have at least one more external pip and I think another egg rocking, so there may be more still today :D

All dark down, but we all know baby color can change HUGELY from hatch to adulthood. They are darling..pics to come :D

Also, go babies go! (For all of our babies)

Last edited:
Out of 13 eggs I ended up with only 6 at lockdown. I set my eggs about 10PM on 6/11. I just checked to see if anything has happened yet (early I know) and I have one pip!!! Now I'm paranoid that something will still happen and it will never hatch. This will be my first hatch ever so I'm pretty excited. I've decided to name this one (should it arrive unharmed) Pip. Ha ha. I have a friend that I've promised it to since she lost one of her hens last year. And if it happens to be a he instead of a she my friend still wants it. She's allowed roosters where she lives and doesn't have one yet. Fingers crossed that I get more pips as the day goes on.

Four little ones so far, more with pips!

They are still working on fluffing out, but so far, I've got some pretty little ones. I'm keeping an eye on the others who are starting to pip..hopefully will have more to post tonight or tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom