1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Setting eggs anyone want to join?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mrs.brown, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Mrs.brown

Mrs.brown Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    In a coop
    I set some eggs at 5 o clock today. Anyone want to join me?

1 person likes this.
  2. Cpntherfan

Cpntherfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Lancaster S.C
    if i can get my humidity right, im gonna be setting eggs tonite or in the morning

1 person likes this.
  3. AZ Birds

AZ Birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2012
    Goodyear, AZ
    I set 22 eggs today around 6pm in my new hovabator 1602n w/ turner that i bought for $85 on ebay so hopefully everything goes well. this is my 3rd time trying to hatch first two times were a failure and lost chicks to temp rises and bacteria (barrowed old dirty round metal incubator from the neighbor).

1 person likes this.
  4. LilMissChz

LilMissChz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    North East, Maryland
    YES! I am letting mine settle overnight and then setting them in the morning. I have 18, 3 different types of eggs. Anxious to see who comes out.

I got both a Hovabator & my turner all set. I got a hygrometer from a cigar shop and have three different thermometers inside. I've had my hova running for 4 days now to see if I can get temp & humidity stable. So far so good. I'm supplementing my water in the bottom with water pearls, which are an absorbent gel, under the metal screen to increase surface area for humidity control. Keeps it more stable as far as I can tell.

I also have my set up in a back bedroom we don't use and it's quiet, stable environment back there. The temp & humidity back there are very stable.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  5. Tat2d

Tat2d Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2011
    Conroe Texas
    I will join, I just set 74 eggs in a Sportsman 1202 incubator. First time hatching so wish me luck.

6. Mrs.brown

Apr 14, 2011
    In a coop
    This is my 4th time. The last few times I failed

7. AZ Birds

Jan 28, 2012
    Goodyear, AZ
    its bummer to go all that time and nothing hatches isn't it? i been searching on what went wrong and did some disecting of the eggs after 25 days and found a few chicks fully fuzzed and dried out and never made it out or chicks that were developing and stopped . i then just decided it was the incubator i was using and bought a new one.

8. Cpntherfan

Cpntherfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Lancaster S.C
    this will be my first time and with my homemade incubator.

9. AZ Birds

Jan 28, 2012
    Goodyear, AZ
    good luck on your hatch. i was thinking on making a homemade incubator but then would have something else to blame for not hatching anything lol. i was thinking about building one for a hatcher though so i can put more eggs in my incubator after the 18th day.

10. Mrs.brown

Apr 14, 2011
    In a coop
    Great!
    Good luck to everyone!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by