Setting eggs anyone want to join?

im also hatching mutts cant wait to see what they look like. probably wont be keeping them though. i only want pure buff orpington in my flock now but the ones i have are still to young to breed so the mutts will have to do for practice.

We're neighbors, but not close enough! I just hatched some BO's! They are darling!! And, you can already tell the sweet personality in them.

Yep, that thing needs to be inside the baotor! Is it digital? They do say inside outside on it them sometimes, can be confusing if you haven't used them before. Where do you keep your humidity? I like the mid 40's area. If it gets down to the 30's, I don't worry about it. In fact, I don't worry too much about the humidity until it gets way down there at times during the incubation period, but then during lock down, I keep it around 65...68.
jumpy.gif
frow.gif

yes its digital and i was confused, I made my own incubator and just have a small dish for water i will get a pic up soon. my temps are 99 to 100 which i hope is ok. im still keeping a eye on it before i place any eggs but hope to get some in today.

yes its digital and i was confused, I made my own incubator and just have a small dish for water i will get a pic up soon. my temps are 99 to 100 which i hope is ok. im still keeping a eye on it before i place any eggs but hope to get some in today.

Yes, that would be a good temp if you are using a fan. My guess is yes, because you made your own? Wow, I've always admired the folks that can do that, and they get great results in their hatches. Yes..pictures!
pop.gif

Yes, that would be a good temp if you are using a fan. My guess is yes, because you made your own? Wow, I've always admired the folks that can do that, and they get great results in their hatches. Yes..pictures!
pop.gif

yes im using a 60 watt bulb and a cpu fan. some changes i have to make is add another light incase one goes out. If this one works out im going to try another one and use a better thermostat.

We're neighbors, but not close enough! I just hatched some BO's! They are darling!! And, you can already tell the sweet personality in them.

yup my buff definitely have personality
smile.png
. mine are around 4 weeks now. i had to seperate one because it was beginning to be a bully and pulling fluff out of the other and making them bleed. it seems to like to be by itself and i hung a red key chain over its brooder and it plays boxing with it lol. im hoping its a roo so i can start my buff breeding soon.

okay, I'll in! Neighbor stopped by this morning wanting some hatching eggs, so my numbers and breeds changed. Officially it's 3 buff orpingtons, 6 dominiques, 8 cochin frizzles and 11 bantam rhode island reds. Will increase by a couple when I go thru the hen house at 5pm. Yah! And what a group we are, I see Arizonia to North and South Carolina, the northwest is represented. I'll have to add up total how many are on this thread and see how we finish. Thanks to Mrs. Brown for starting this thread, my first hatch-a-long. I have always done it solo, so much more fun with friends!
thumbsup.gif

okay, I'll in! Neighbor stopped by this morning wanting some hatching eggs, so my numbers and breeds changed. Officially it's 3 buff orpingtons, 6 dominiques, 8 cochin frizzles and 11 bantam rhode island reds. Will increase by a couple when I go thru the hen house at 5pm. Yah! And what a group we are, I see Arizonia to North and South Carolina, the northwest is represented. I'll have to add up total how many are on this thread and see how we finish. Thanks to Mrs. Brown for starting this thread, my first hatch-a-long. I have always done it solo, so much more fun with friends!
thumbsup.gif
Yaay! And, the more the merrier. We can talk about other things other than the eggs sitting for a while too. Like, anyone have some fun pics to add of their flock, or fav chick, or chicken?
Or, just like bugs just did, interesting that we have folks from Arizona, Utah, to way NE... how fun. I lived in North Carolina for a very short time. I live in Wilmington. Beautiful there. I lived in Florida longer, and lived in Virgina before moving here..it was beautiful there too..and, I still miss that ocean while in Florida. We used to walk to the beach! Loved it..great memories.

Back
Top Bottom