Setting eggs June 3rd. Need hatching buddies! Lets have some fun!

celebrate.gif
Brilliant! I'm rockin' 60% humidity down from 43%. The paper towel thing wasn't working that great. Now, I am making my plan to hike up the humidity for hatching. My husband is going to get a good chuckle out of the sophisticated "tampon in the bator" method.
frow.gif

I have one that i thought was dead has definite veining and is MOVING!!! So maybe ai will get at least one chickie!
That's great! I am still having the same problem with my one black silkie egg, tons of veining and looks perfect. I just can't seem to see it move, one second I think I see something and then maybe think its my eye playing tricks on me. I am keeping the faith though. I have 2 healthy black silkie chick eggs, I'm hoping I get both of them...maybe breeders or a birds for my daughter to show if they are great.

Candles last night and I have 28 wigglers in there and two that I'm not certain about. I also removed 6 infertiles and 4 with blood rings. I opened up the eggs with blood rings and was fascinated to find a teensy little chick in one of them- it obviously wasn't alive, but it looked perfect otherwise. My other eggs with blood rings hadn't developed as well, just little blobs of tissue. Very inter to see what's going on in the inside in comparison to what I see when I candle.

Today is day 12 for me, so we're getting there.

Also, I am in love with the tampon idea! How clever!!

I'm so anxious to hear how the IV tubing /syringe idea works for adding water. Sounds like it'd be a great solution!

Also, I am in love with the tampon idea! How clever!!
I'm so anxious to hear how the IV tubing /syringe idea works for adding water. Sounds like it'd be a great solution!
First off
welcome-byc.gif
. Glad you could join us!

I have heard others on here that say the tubing/syringe idea works great. I did not have access to that and bought one of those squeeze bottles for ketchup. Like for picknicks. I use a straw to direct my water and the squeeze bottle tip fits rite in the top.

I finally got a chance to candle last nite!! All looks pretty good except 2 guineas. Of course there was a couple "I'am not sures". Only day7 and my second hatch ever, so I am not real sure of myself. I still have a long time till hatch day, so I will be patient. NOT!
big_smile.png

My daughter-n-law works in a factory and is obviously so excited about our "hatching" she has told everyone there. There are co-workers asking us to set eggs for them and some are sending eggs, just because I guess! She is the reason we have 31 guinea eggs on the halves. What will she come up with next????? I believe she said something about someone saving us banty eggs? (Well they are free!)
We had planed our first trip to the swap next weekend. Looks like we better start planning MANY more???

P.S. She is the one who paid $30.00 for a pair of Royal Palm Turkeys! Her only purchase as her husband has beat her to the punch buying chicks!
They are both hooked!
D.gif
I love it! My entire family is wanting chickens now. I am contemplating rehoming my 3 EE's, my in-laws are toying with the idea because my birds are gentle and super friendly. We have to make more room for the silkie chicks....because I want to keep them all....or at least 6 of them. They are from Kate Morreale's lines, of course I want them all!

Back
Top Bottom