Setting eggs June 3rd. Need hatching buddies! Lets have some fun!

I just went into lock down tonight. I got some used IV tubing and bleached it out good. I filled my water holders in the bottom of my LG with paper towels and laid 2 paper towel on the screen as well. Hooked a syringe to it and can easily add warm water to keep humidity up any time without opening the lid. I'll let you all know how it works or doesn't work in a few days!!!! Locked down 12 Light Brahmas tonight. I've also got 6 of my 8 dorkings (2 were infertile) and 14 LB's going into lock down on Tuesday, fingers crossed this work..

Candled my Silky's 3 eggs she's sitting on. Saw veins in the eggs. Looks like things are going well.

I'd put 3 of her chicks from Incubator hatching in the Coop w/her several days ago. They'd been raised by a Broody Cochin hen, but she's done w/them and they are still so tiny. One is 2 months old, the other 2 are 6wks old. They've taken to sleeping right up against her even though they'd never known her before 4 or 5 days ago. Bitty doesn't seem to mind at all.

My turkey wants to brood so bad. But I don't have a mature male for her, and she's quit laying eggs for the season. She was just sitting, sitting, sitting. So I gave her 8 of the 19 eggs from the incubator. Now she has something besides a golf ball. Don't know how that will work when the chicks hatch.

PM-Silverlaced.JPEG

They look like this, i havent got any......yet

Sooo pretty - I agree - definitely want.

Just did my 7 day candle and out of 22, we're down to 16...... love the 7 day candle. Very ummmmm, well, veiny. Just little tadpoles swimming..... so awesome.

Will be patient... I promise... patient!!! GRRRR patience.............. not my strong suit. Have 5 silkies that are on day 15 and so we'll lockdown on Wednesday. All 5 are moving and filling up the whole egg! It's so thrilling to see the lil guys move around.

Right on guys... Have fun!

wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom