Setting eggs June 3rd. Need hatching buddies! Lets have some fun!

Howdy sweetie Now Im not anything close to knowing what Im doing here but I have heard to use super glue will also help a cracked egg survive. I have never had to do it yet but bettin I will lol.

Howdy all, I candled last night. Shoo its so exciting! I had a couple that looks ify but left them in for a few more days to give them a chance. As far as I can tell they look like they all have viens except the couple I talked about. Gosh everyone sounds like thier having alot of chicks gona be hatching! Love it!

Howdy sweetie, me again lol. I just read a post on here called how to hook up a PC fan in my incubator. They used the same method I did but used a old 12 volt or 6 volt (whatever your fan would take) Cell Phone Charger and thought Id let ya know. I liked that idea alot better than mine with the car battery charger. Seems like itd take alot more electricity to run it youd think. Anyhoo I sure hope you get to read this cause it was a genius idea to me and wanted to pass it along to you.

Hi guys,

I candled last night and I've got 8 good ones. 8 is my family's lucky number so I take that as a good sign.
wink.png
I think that the last temp spike in my homemade bator took its toll on 2 of the 3 that were left in there before I moved them to the little giant. Its too bad. I had two bearded whites and a black silkie egg. The black silkie egg, I am still having difficulty seeing inside of it, so it's still in th bator. Still got my fingers crossed, though. ALL 7 of my silkie eggs in the Brinsea look phenomenal! They are movers. I am planning on locking down on fathers day. Hoping to have chicks hatching by this time next week. My girls will LOVE it!

I see alot of newbies here!
welcome-byc.gif
Great have you!
This only my second hatch and pretty new too. I would have never made it through if not for hatching buddies on here! It is so much more fun with others.
Good egging everyone!!!!!

I started the Bator and put a clutch in on 6/10/12. I didn't even know there was a hatch party going.... I guess i should be candling but haven't....
Where is the best, aka cheapest palce, to buy the egg candle flashlight?

Last edited:
I started the Bator and put a clutch in on 6/3/12. I didn't even know there was a hatch party going.... I guess i should be candling but haven't....
Where is the best, aka cheapest palce, to buy the egg candle flashlight?
I got an idea off this web and made my own. Admitid theirs was alot fancier, but I wanted one quick cause I couldnt wait!!!!

Took a box and lined it with foil. Cut a hole in one end and stuck it over an old lamp. Inserted a low watt bulb and closed top and taped all light holes. Cut a hole in the top the size of an egg and put black tape around it to take up some light space. (I made the hole on top a little bit to big.) Wha Lah. Not fancy but works great and took about 15 minutes. Still using it, decided I did not need a fancy one!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom