Setting eggs June 3rd. Need hatching buddies! Lets have some fun!

Are the silkies eggs from your own flock?
No, I have a friend that had some from his girls. He said he'd always had a broody to set them, but was wondering if I'd set them with any luck. I said I'd give it a shot..... yay! Still not sure if I'm going to keep any of them.... doubt it. Darling girls though.

BTW, we're at pip #2

I just candled shipped eggs I put in on the 9th. One was clear, 3 were too dark to tell one way or the other (marans eggs) and 10 are developing. Yay!

Oh boy. Everything was going so well until...last night before I went to bed, the temp was running low 98 ish, so I draped a jacket over the incubator. This was around 12:30. This morning when I woke around 5, the temp had spiked between 103-105 (depending on the thermometer) I candled some and still see movement (in the lighter eggs, can't see in the dark eggs)

Oh! One of my eggs looked very weird. There was movement inside, but it was very splotchy...dark dots all over.

No, I have a friend that had some from his girls. He said he'd always had a broody to set them, but was wondering if I'd set them with any luck. I said I'd give it a shot..... yay! Still not sure if I'm going to keep any of them.... doubt it. Darling girls though.

BTW, we're at pip #2
Let me know if you decide not to keep any of them. Depending on where you are of course.

We are getting down to the wire now. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. My family will be here in town for my youngest daughter's 1st birthday, so the hatching will be a nice addition to the visit for all of us. We have never actually seen chicks hatch. Tomorrow is lockdown day and I am so nervous for the hatch and I'm hoping that EVERYTHING will go ok. Funny thing is, my family's lucky number is 8, everything revolves around 8 for us, so I wasn't surprised when we had 8 eggs out of 12 that are doing fantastic. I actually feel more comfortable because the 8 being there is a good omen. I am hoping that all 8 hatch safe and sound.

BTW, we're at pip #2
Let me know if you are going to keep them or not. Depending on where you live. Thanks. :)

Soooooo a little bit of silliness with the silkies. Ummmmmm, I think someone popped over the wall if ya know what I mean
wink.png
I've got 3/5 out already and one looks like a striped thingie.... not a fuzzy butted silkie at all. Now, I have absolutely no complaints with either type of sweeeeeet baby, but I was full of fuzzy butt expectations! Will be posting pictures. Too cute!

Thanks for listening, back to staring at the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom