Setting eggs June 3rd. Need hatching buddies! Lets have some fun!

5 degrees low or high? Are you talking temp. or humidity? High by 5 degrees temperature is a killer

Pull out just one of the plugs. I try to hatch around 65% humidity, I use the dry hatch method. 55% isn't that bad.

A quick spritz with a spray bottle will increase the humidity quickly. I sprayed it through the vent when I was testing ways to up mine. It went to 80%

Hey guys, Im pretty sure one of my eggs is a double yolker, And i've read that twin chicken can't hatch on their own. But im not 100% positive it is a double yolker. So on hatch day if it hasnt hatched should i hatch it for the chickens on the off chance it is a double yolker? please help?!?!?!
I would just leave it be and watch!

I know this isn't a problem want reassured though and dont worry I won't be opening the bator but I have one chick hatched two pipped and 16 other eggs the one that's hatched is knocking everything around even the pipped eggs, this isn't a problem is it? I know it's not but is it? Haha

Today is day 21,,,,,,,,I had all but given up, Was gonna throw egg s out because nothing was happening,,,,,,,,hubby said NO!!
Guess what?

I HAVE TWO PIPPING!!

so freaking EGGCITED!

I know this isn't a problem want reassured though and dont worry I won't be opening the bator but I have one chick hatched two pipped and 16 other eggs the one that's hatched is knocking everything around even the pipped eggs, this isn't a problem is it? I know it's not but is it? Haha

There are many who think this is actually a benefit. Helping the others break up their shell and escape. Also they seem to get more energetic about escaping their shell when they hear the others cheeping at them.

Today is day 21,,,,,,,,I had all but given up, Was gonna throw egg s out because nothing was happening,,,,,,,,hubby said NO!!
Guess what?

I HAVE TWO PIPPING!!

so freaking EGGCITED!

Day 21 is hatch day you shouldn't throw them out on day 21 most would wait and extra 2-4 days. If your temps were low they can come just a little slower.

Back
Top Bottom