Setting eggs Oct. 14 - Nov. 4. Anyone else?

Phoenix Farms

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 11, 2012
Southern Illinois
My hen has been sitting for two days now. She is sitting on three red production mix eggs, two white rock eggs and two phoenix eggs. Anyone else setting some eggs? What breeds are they?

Yes, just set my first lots of eggs (36 pure breed eggs) in my new incubator on Sunday 14th NZ time! White Orpingtons, Light Sussex, Coronation Sussex, RIR, Blue Leghorn & 1 Blue Wyandotte. Never tried hatching before so fingers crossed for success!! Good luck with yours.

don't have a broody hen, but i just put 20 some eggs in my brand new incubator. australorps, australorp/barred rock cross, and australorp/gold star cross. Also just bought 9 new chickens. 4 RIR's, 3 black stars, 1 buff orp, and 1 barred rock. Going to give them a few days to hopefully breed my roo and then put some of those eggs in as well. I am also going to get some eggs from my dad that are buff orp roo/leghorn hen cross to hatch. i plan on having lots of chickens when i am done!

26 Maran Eggs in the incubator (French Black Copper, Wheaten, BBS) due on November 2nd. I haven't had much luck with Maran's in the past, so crossing my fingers.

fl.gif

I hope you have good luck!!

We candled the seven eggs today and six out of the seven are fertil and developing just fine. I'm hoping for the chicks to fully develop and be healthy.

I just set 13 today in my Hovabator. 4 Lavender Orpingtons, 4 B/B/S Orpingtons and 5 Heritage Delawares. Praying for a successful hatch
jumpy.gif

My Lockdown is 11/8
Hatch Date is 11/11

I've never had Delawares before. Anyone have experience with them?

Good luck to ALL!

I set 24 mixed barnyard chicken eggs ten of which were refrigerated for a couple days, and set six quail eggs. Three days ago I candle my batch and pulled four chicken eggs one fridge and three reg and pulled no quail eggs yester day I candle again all but one are doing well, even saw little legs and feet in the light colored eggs :) . The one egg look to have quit.I still see some red veins but the chick is much smaller and doesn't appear to have a heart beat

I set 24 mixed barnyard chicken eggs ten of which were refrigerated for a couple days, and set six quail eggs. Three days ago I candle my batch and pulled four chicken eggs one fridge and three reg and pulled no quail eggs yester day I candle again all but one are doing well, even saw little legs and feet in the light colored eggs :) . The one egg look to have quit.I still see some red veins but the chick is much smaller and doesn't appear to have a heart beat
Well key me correct I just checked it again and saw some moment but the development is behind the others.crossing my fingers for now. lockdown for the quail eggs is wed and the chicken eggs will join them a few days early.

I would love to get some lavender Orpingtons and some lemon drops but I can't see spending do much money on them, but then again I don't show or sell chickens I just like watching them

Back
Top Bottom