setting eggs on Thurs. Hatch date Feb 4th-who's with me??

Quote:
Girl, you better be quick! I'm wanting those pinks, too!
lol.png

apparently theres like 6 of us who want those pink EE eggs! I have pink EE eggers but they just aren't pink enough for me:-( They are light pink-I wish I had DH camera Id take pictures for you!

Quote:
Jubillee's are new to me but when I saw their pictures I had to "try" and hatch some Hinkjc has them-look on her website-they are full size standard Orpintons that have the coloration of a Mille fluer! Im so excited over this hatch! bator got bleached the other day and plugged in tonight:)

I"ll have to look at them. Well, when I get some eggs from you, I will have to get some of your pink eggs too.
smile.png
Even if they are light pink,my daughter will be happy!

I'd take light pink! Are you gonna sell any of them? And what happens if a light pink layer crosses with a rooster from a blue egg? (This might be stupid, but could you get purple?) Don't laugh. I really don't know.

Quote:
haha-yes and myabe by then I will have a hen that lays the really pink eggs-I have some friends in VT that are 3 1/2 hours away and they already have the birds just not the eggs yet so we'll see-If they do Im off for that 7 hour drive!

Quote:
LOL Im not laughing at you Im laughing with you because I asked the same question a long time ago:) Nope no purple-you would get either pink or blue I believe? I just posted on the 24 hour auction for those eggs-but I did not advertise them as Pink eggs because I was kinda holding my "standard" of pink eggs to them-and to me they are not pink... Ill have to get pictures when I get DH's camera...He swears there pink-I just said nahh thats not "my"pink LOL... The EE girls are crossed wth a Silver Laced Polish rooster- Heres the thread with pictures of more of my birds-this is the thread where the Pink EE eggs are going to go like hot cakes
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=281963&p=59

Quote:
ahhh-we are going to have a great swap!!! I have 1 crested duck Chuckie that needs a girl friend bad! Just one-I cant handle more than that...LOL..He a crested magpie and a doll- I dont know why and i dont know much about ducks except they are messy and sharp serated edged teeth hurt! But I love him and I want to make him happy-he's not getting what he "wants and needs" from the those chickens haha

We have someone who lays a "pink" egg in our group too. It's not an EE either, because I don't have any. It's just that whoever it is, the egg is noticeably lighter and has a pink hue. But it's not what I'd call pink, more of a tan pink. But it's definitely noticeable and everyone can see it. Our chicks came from the farm supply and TSC so who knows how that really happened, lol.

Gonna check that thread now.

Oh I love ducks! They are messy but so hysterical and cute it makes up for it! I have all of them together right now, the pekins and mallards. They are not laying either, I hope my mallards want to set on some eggs once spring comes around. I want some cute fuzzy ducklings too! One had a nest in the dirt and tried in Dec.
hmm.png
Yes we are going to have a great swap!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom