setting eggs on Thurs. Hatch date Feb 4th-who's with me??

Quote:
welcome aboard Alex!!
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
we are routing you on bud!

well all my eggs are in bator:)

They are just beautiful---the FBCM are so dark and pretty-I cant wait to get chicks from them
fl.gif
she also sent and extra 3 white silkie eggs:) so looks like I might have to make another pen come Spring...the blue Amaracauna eggs are so pretty too...ok folks now Im getting so excited to candle for the first time! Its funny when they are not my eggs...Im nervous..lol...

Hi everyone, it's me Alex. Mom wouldn't let me post last night because my homework wasn't finished. She is a slave driver.
I put my eggs in the incubater at 8:30. My temp is staying between 98.5 and 100.1. I am trying to get it to stay at 99.5. Is it ok if it goes up and down like that? My humidity is 40%. I am turning the eggs about every 4 hours. I can't believe I have my own eggs! This is going to be fun. I hope they all hatch out. We have 10 baby chicks now and 3 older chickens. I like them all, but I am going to love my own chicks! I will post more when something happens. I get to candel on Jan 21. I will get my mom to take pics for you.

I had to edit because mom said I am not allowed to use stupid computer shorthand, so I had to go in and make everything whole words. See? Slave driver.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey bud-your temp needs to stay over 99.5-if it hovers at that temp just leave it -youll be fine they will just hatch out a tiny bit later than expected:) temps and humidty will go up and down this whole time-dont get worried-with the chicks growing temps may go up and humidty will go way up when they start to hatch too. Look how good you and mom did last time-your a pro now!~

Quote:
OOOHHHH! WHITE silkies! there's some on the auction now. Someone needs to tie my hands down.

Did you get my last PM last night?

about getting another dozen by the 26th? yuppers I got it-thats when your chicks should be hatching too:) you are going to be one busy momma! haha

Quote:
I am having the same problem with my temps drifting down a bit, too, Alex. But I've also had a spike. I am just hoping it's all ok. So far, I do have some developing. Even if they are are little late, if they are alive after spike, I'll take that. I know it needs to stay 99,5 or above though.

Back
Top Bottom