Setting Eggs Saturday April 20... anyone else?

How long should I leave them in the incubator after they hatch? One hatched at 5 am and is rolling eggs around some.
I had two hatch out around 9 this morning and one at 12,and I put them in the "nursery" about an hour ago. They were pretty frisky and really banging around the unhatched eggs. I have two more pipped :)

Is it safe to open the incubator if the baby chicks are really banging the eggs around??? I really want to take the two out but I'm worried I'll hurt the rest whom haven't hatched yet

Is it safe to open the incubator if the baby chicks are really banging the eggs around??? I really want to take the two out but I'm worried I'll hurt or damage the other eggs that haven't hatched yet
I've been inside mine a few times to retrieve babies that are moving to the nursery and the other eggs were fine.

One of my Lav orps hatched!!
jumpy.gif

yea!!

Have one more that is pecking.. i can hear it... I think the rest are duds... but after the temp reached 105 i was sin serious doubt any would hatch. Hope to have two babies in the morning!!
wee.gif
Will post pics. The one that is out is sooo cut!

good night all -Happy mothers day!

One of my Lav orps hatched!!
jumpy.gif

yea!!

Have one more that is pecking.. i can hear it... I think the rest are duds... but after the temp reached 105 i was sin serious doubt any would hatch. Hope to have two babies in the morning!!
wee.gif
Will post pics. The one that is out is sooo cut!

good night all -Happy mothers day!

We had the light bulb go out in our incubator by the thermostat...and our temp soared to 110F for at least an hour or longer on day 17. Out of 25 eggs we have 2 hatched right now--1 Ameraucana and 1 BCM-- and last count 8 pipped. They are resilient little creatures.....

Back
Top Bottom