Setting eggs the week of May 7th (Here's to wishing the best this time)!!!!!!!!!

I'm setting 15 call duck eggs tonight! 5 are going under a broody hen (Lavender Americauna, never had a hen hatch any eggs before), and ten are going in my trusty HovaBator! :) This will be my first time with duck eggs, so I'm very excited. Good luck to you all!

I put 6 of my own banty mixes, 3 each from 2 hens, (the roo looks like a BANTUM BCM!!!) in my tiny "Sunny Side Up Incubator" that only holds 6 full-sized chicken eggs (plenty of room for my little banty eggs) and I have another bator & 6+ silkie eggs due tomorrow...after that, I have orders staggered over the next week & a half for almost 60 more chick & duck eggs of various rare & mixes, including a few project birds. I even had to delay a few eggs until next month to have room for them all. Looks like I will be hatching a few every couple days for the next month & a half
ya.gif

I placed my silkie eggs on the 7th as well round 2 for me my first hatch did not make it due to high humidity they drowned so i am trying again and this time i am doing things a bit different i installed a fan and moved the bator to another room that is not so humid. Keeping fingers and toes crossed that all goes well this time. So i am with ha happy hatching
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom