Setting eggs the week of May 7th (Here's to wishing the best this time)!!!!!!!!!

Lockdown TOMORROW!!!!! GAAAHHH... the two little ones still look good, air cells look good...I think this will go well. My first hatch and these are two special babies (girls..girls..think girls) since it seems MGB are hard to come by! Goooood luck to everyone! Are we ready for those peeps??? :D

I think I have about 8 eggs that have made it to lock-down out of 20. Tomorrow morning will be my last "turn" for them. If any of them hatch, they will be my first chicks I've ever hatched myself! Here is hoping for the best for my little bator and eggs, and here's wishing for the best for all of you as well!
fl.gif

Aschenfire - are you hatching Modern Game Bantams? (Is that what MGB stands for?). I have a few modern game bantams here. 3 Cockerals and 3 hens! Game birds are pretty big around here. My friends breed and show Malays, Aussie Game, Indian Game, OEG and the Bantam Moderns! I'm taking my Silver duckwing cockeral along to a show on Sunday
big_smile.png

I'm getting toooooo excited about this hatching stuff. I think it is unhealthy. I'm going to buy myself a nice runner duck as a 'get happy' present if I don't get a chick to hatch!!!!
wink.png

Either that or I need to do this incubating business more often. De-sensitise myself or something!!

Yes, Modern Game Bantams :D I got 8 babies from Ideal this spring and only ended up with two for sure pullets and the rest little boys :< I love them, and still have two for sure cockerels (blue and lemon blue splash), a lavender pullet and a lemon blue splash pullet... then the blue which I'm not sure of... it has a comb but not nearly as much as the boys but not nearly as little as the girls LOL!

I adore these little guys! They are so sweet and so tame...I am hoping with all my hopeness that these two babies I am hatching are little ;pullets!

Good luck at your show! :D

Mmmaddie13...loved the video! So happy for you. Looking forward to all the fuzzy butt pictures soon. We're currently on day 15, so just a few more days until lock down. I have 6 left in the bator with only 1 showing a wiggly little guy or gal. The rest are either too dark to tell or iffy.
fl.gif

I have not been keeping up with this thread very well. Had a very pregnant Australian Cattle dog due this week and she had her puppies in the AM Tuesday morning, I put my eggs in lockdown the same day as they were due to hatch Friday, imagine my surprise when I heard peeping Thursday morning and had a fully hatched chick!
This is my first time hatching , I have a hovabator with the wafer thermometer and it is a real pain to regulate, about a week ago after candling and finding many live chicks for some reason it shot up to just over 102 and I was not sure if it was like that all day because I was at work so I figured if ANYONE hatched it would be great. Well so far of the 14 eggs I got locally that were alive when I candled 11 have hatched out . I also had some polish eggs shipped , they were in the mail for over 5 days and I live in Fl so I didn't have high hopes, they went in a day later 8 were alive a week ago and 3 have now hatched so we will see. My issue is at first they were hatching and popping out of the shells no problem now they are very dry, helped 2 out who are alive but really sticky and may not make it, my humidity is around 85% so I am stumped. I have only opened the bator to remove dry chicks as they are pecking at the newly hatched ones......any ideas or suggestions. There are still 5 polish I am hoping are not done yet and I am not sure to try to soak the 2 really sticky chicks in some warm water, I may try as I think they will not make it anyway......at least I got some live chicks!
Thanks Missie

Well i am down to 9 eggs out of 30
hmm.png
i think if nothing hatches this time i am done for sure it's cheaper to buy chicks
idunno.gif
so fingers crossed these babies make it they went into lock down today so we will see.

here are my first little chicks, the yellow is a Delaware, Blue is a Blue Rock ant there are Splash Plymouth Rocks and Olive eggers in there as well....Just soaked the 2 chicks and got all the sticky crap off , one seems much better but the other may have a bad leg.....

Awww, cute chicks! Congratulations!
highfive.gif

Sticky chicks usually means the humidity was too high during incubation. Chicks that shrink wrap is from a drop in humidity when you open the incubator. That is why it is suggested that you don't open the incubator until all your chicks have hatched. I know it is hard not too. When I have chicks pecking hatching chicks I tap on the lid of the incubator to scare them off. Usually takes a few times before they get the hint!
lol.png

here are my first little chicks, the yellow is a Delaware, Blue is a Blue Rock ant there are Splash Plymouth Rocks and Olive eggers in there as well....Just soaked the 2 chicks and got all the sticky crap off , one seems much better but the other may have a bad leg.....

Back
Top Bottom