Setting eggs the week of May 7th (Here's to wishing the best this time)!!!!!!!!!

I have at least 2 PIPS!!!!!!! YAY! It´s payoff day lol, Babies soon!
Holy smokes!! That was fast! Right on guys go go go! this is so exciting.
pop.gif

I have just gone into lockdown! Eeeeeeik! I've been so busy over the last few days that I haven't had a chance to get excited..... now I've sat down, locked down and the nerves are starting!

Today at lockdown I candled and managed to see movement in 3 out of the 4 eggs. This is looking more positive than my one and only previous hatch attempt that failed miserably! Please please please let me hatch just one chick!
fl.gif

jandrusn... good luck with the remaining eggs that you have going into lockdown on tuesday!

Stevearino... do you have chickssssss yet!!!! How is it going? I;m waiting for your update
big_smile.png

I have just gone into lockdown! Eeeeeeik! I've been so busy over the last few days that I haven't had a chance to get excited..... now I've sat down, locked down and the nerves are starting!

Today at lockdown I candled and managed to see movement in 3 out of the 4 eggs. This is looking more positive than my one and only previous hatch attempt that failed miserably! Please please please let me hatch just one chick!
fl.gif

jandrusn... good luck with the remaining eggs that you have going into lockdown on tuesday!

Stevearino... do you have chickssssss yet!!!! How is it going? I;m waiting for your update
big_smile.png
Good luck with your lockdown! Sending good vibes your way for your chicks!
yippiechickie.gif

Well I just checked my bator, and my chick is still alive! To my surprise though, there was not a whole lot of progress on the zipping. There was some, but I figured he might be out by this morning. I'm starting to wonder if I need to give the chick a little help, but I know I need to be patient. Maybe he just slept through the night to regain some strength. Will give an update when I know more!

Ok i have one pip last night and i heard a chick peeping all night how long does it take for it to go from pip to zip? i hope baby is ok! i have 9 eggs that went into lock down humidity is holding at 45% i am praying they make it today is day 21 for mine so i am really hoping they make it please someone tell me this is normal????
duc.gif

Last edited:
Good luck all!

I put my eggs into lockdown today. Tossed "Ed", who had died about a week ago. So, I have three eggs in lockdown. I saw movement in two. The third egg is such a dark olive color that I've never seen much of anything in it, except I CAN see the air cell now, which I couldn't before. So, that strikes me as a good sign. It appeared to me that Shirley may have started to internally pip, except that I didn't hear anything. I'm hoping I get at least two chicks.
fl.gif

Ok i have one pip last night and i heard a chick peeping all night how long does it take for it to go from pip to zip? i hope baby is ok! i have 9 eggs that went into lock down humidity is holding at 45% i am praying they make it today is day 21 for mine so i am really hoping they make it please someone tell me this is normal????
duc.gif
If you are in lockdown you need about 60% humidity. Get that up quick or those babies are gonna shrink wrap.

I put my 1 & only egg that developed from my own hens in lockdown yesterday & 6 Silkies & 2 Ameracunas go in tomorrow. Then a few will go in every couple of days until the 5th & the last 3 on the 11th.

Waiting for Lily's egg to hatch now
jumpy.gif

Good luck all!

I put my eggs into lockdown today. Tossed "Ed", who had died about a week ago. So, I have three eggs in lockdown. I saw movement in two. The third egg is such a dark olive color that I've never seen much of anything in it, except I CAN see the air cell now, which I couldn't before. So, that strikes me as a good sign. It appeared to me that Shirley may have started to internally pip, except that I didn't hear anything. I'm hoping I get at least two chicks.
fl.gif
You give me hope. We go into lock down tomorrow and I have not candled for 3 days. I'll candle tonight before lock down. We still have 6 in the bator and I am hoping for at least 1 baby! I hope you get at least two! Keep us posted.
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom