Setting eggs the week of May 7th (Here's to wishing the best this time)!!!!!!!!!

I have babies!!!
jumpy.gif

YAY FOR BABIES! Wonderful news!

I wonder how many chicks we hatch all up out of this thread? We should keep count on living chicks at 24 hours or something?

Day 7 of the chick watch for me anyways (first pipped 7 days ago). My little one is still alive somehow, though things are not looking too good at this point.

Bad news is that he still cannot really stand or walk. Sits on his rump most of the time. I am trying to "help" him walk so he learns how it is done, but I don't know if it will work, in which case, I doubt he will make it.

The good news he has fluffed out quite a bit. The head hasn't fluffed yet, but that is probably because I need to give him another shower. The last cleaning I gave him I was terrified to put much water around his head for fear of drowning him. He also can drink on his own, for the most part. He is capable of scooting over to the water and drinking his fill without assistance. I have not seen him eat any of the crumbles I left on the floor, but that doesn't mean he hasn't, just mean I didn't see it.

Guess it is just a waiting game to see if he pulls through.

TinaK, thanks and I am so happy for your two cuties! Sorry about the third. Our little guy hatched. I'll try to post a pic.

Nikkipar, cute cute cute CUTE!!!!!! Ah!

Stevearino - Time will tell. I'd hope the little one is getting some sort of food in it's belly even if you haven't seen it. Have you tried offering any cool scrambled egg, or dampened crumbles? Can't hurt to try.

Awesome news that you got a chick to hatch Sprinkles212!!! I can't wait for photos! I pulled the house apart looking for new batteries for my camera.... but had no luck!

Here are our Black and Blue Ameraucana chicks from Paul and Angela Smith. They are beautiful and hatched on Wednesday. Very spunky. This was their last hatch for sale for 2012. We feel so blessed to be able to receive some gorgeous show quality stock!
yesss.gif

Looks like your chick has splayed legs and that is why it can't stand. Use some non stick tape (blue painters tape) and wrap it around each leg connecting them. This will pull the legs together and he will be able to stand. I have never had to do this so I don't have a picture to show you, but you should be able to find info online on how to do it with pictures. Good luck with the little guy!
smile.png

Day 7 of the chick watch for me anyways (first pipped 7 days ago). My little one is still alive somehow, though things are not looking too good at this point.

Bad news is that he still cannot really stand or walk. Sits on his rump most of the time. I am trying to "help" him walk so he learns how it is done, but I don't know if it will work, in which case, I doubt he will make it.

The good news he has fluffed out quite a bit. The head hasn't fluffed yet, but that is probably because I need to give him another shower. The last cleaning I gave him I was terrified to put much water around his head for fear of drowning him. He also can drink on his own, for the most part. He is capable of scooting over to the water and drinking his fill without assistance. I have not seen him eat any of the crumbles I left on the floor, but that doesn't mean he hasn't, just mean I didn't see it.

Guess it is just a waiting game to see if he pulls through.

Back
Top Bottom