setting eggs tonight 6/23 anyone else???

I am
fl.gif
everyone has some pips soon.
fl.gif

We are up to 3 chicks
smile.png

I have yet to see anything from the other 3 eggs but today is day 21 so still plenty of time

Quote:
You'd put them in the automatic turner small end down. When it comes to lock down, you take out the turner, and lay the eggs down. You could also put the eggs upright in the bottom half of a paper egg carton if you'd like. It helps to put rubber shelf lining on the metal rack to protect the itsy feet of the chicks.

droolin.gif
wee.gif
I have two baby blue silkies, one hatched yesterday and one a couple hours ago, left work and went home to check on the one and the other had hatched, luckily I only work about 2 minutes from house.
ya.gif

Well they are just slow growing. I picked one up real quick to listen and of course dropped it
sad.png
. Had a full formed chick it was so close to being ready to hatch. Well now I know but hate I killed a chick to find out.

Can I just beat myself up some more. I feel so bad I need to learn not to mess with things. It was awful seeing that chick take it's last breath. Lesson learned I guess . I'm going to build an incubator without a window so I'm not so tempted.

Apparently my chicks didn't get the memo that today is Hatch day as no one has pipped yet. I have seen quite alot of moving and shaking from several of them, but no appearances yet. Either I miscalculated or they're slow growers. I'm disappointed, but I will force myself to go to bed and then pray that they make their appearance tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom