Setting eggs tonight! Anyone want to join me?

I have a rooster from a red sex link/white leghorn hen cross. He has spots the color of a RIR[just a feather here and there]and a yellow hackle and saddle like his daddy.His featchers are like a white leghorn ,tall comb ,kind of skinny looking,and a little schitzo.I didnt have a hen but,they will probably have a lot more red in there color[from grand pa and grandma]than the roo.You just might be able to sex them quite early. Good luck

I set my incubator on Friday, I set some Black Copper Marans, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, and Blue Marans eggs. I am setting another tray tonight, I will set some Barnevelders, Ameraucanas, and Cuckoo Marans eggs. Then on Tuesday, I will set some Welsummers, Wheaten Marans, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, and Black Copper Marans eggs. I am starting my incubator about a month earlier than I usually do. I have a lot of people wanting chicks already.
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
I have a rooster from a red sex link/white leghorn hen cross. He has spots the color of a RIR[just a feather here and there]and a yellow hackle and saddle like his daddy.His featchers are like a white leghorn ,tall comb ,kind of skinny looking,and a little schitzo.I didnt have a hen but,they will probably have a lot more red in there color[from grand pa and grandma]than the roo.You just might be able to sex them quite early.  Good luck

That is awesome to know! Mine is a black sex link, but he has a little red in his feathers.

If hubby gets home today in time to set up the fan for the incubator, I'll be setting a few BR, BO, and BRXBO eggs. My first hatch!

set 54 I belive sat morning. Black coppers, Blue coppers , couple of blue splash,welsummers , 1 blue laced red wyandoote and 6 red golden pheasants. The fool pheasanst don't relize it january. They are young, but a buddy and I have then , so I threw them in. Ist hacth of the season.

I set 2 Buff Orp, 4 Buff Brahmas and a Partrige Cochin/Austra White mix. I ordered the Buffs and pulled the mix from my flock. I am using a homemade bater. All good so far! I had a little trouble with regulating the temp. All looks good so far. It is nice to have hatch buddies!

Candled my little white egg and the baby was dancing away
wee.gif
the maran eggs are still too hard to see! i could just make out a darker side of the eggs... im on day 12 now....

Back
Top Bottom