Setting Eggs tonight, May 1st. . . anyone else??

BLaBauve

Songster
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Georgia
I'm setting 24 eggs tonight. 12 Ameraucanas and 12 Blue/Splash Orpingtons. This is my second hatch. Anyone else setting tonight?

Yes, we are too, 18 eggs. Blue Ameracaunas, Black Copper Marans, and Welsummers. Wondered in an ealier post if I could add to the bator later in the week with some olive eggers? Do you know?

I've never done, but I know people do. Usually they have another bator though, just for hatching.

ok, just decided to wait out this hatch.... we can hatch together!!
38676_our_first_attempt_at_hatching_eggs_010.jpg

Here they are! Ready to go!!!
smile.png

it's an octogon 40 dx. We'll see! I'm going to be on pins and needles for 3 weeks!
smile.png

here's another pic of the incubator:
38676_our_first_attempt_at_hatching_eggs_014.jpg

Last edited:
I will hatch with you guys, I set 42 tonight in my new Genesis 1588. I have a few more eggs coming and I'll put them in my IncuCube. I have lavender cochins, blue cochins, black cochins and blue and black bantam Orps. I'll post some pictures first of next week.

YAY! I put 17 B/B/S Jersey Giant eggs from Bobbi Porto into the bator this evening. I'm very excited about this hatch- and nervous! The eggy babies came all the way from Florida to me here in Cali. All looked well, so they all went in! Using an Lg forced air. Pics of the eggs and the amazing packing job she did are in another post.

Glad to join this thread!!

Back
Top Bottom