Setting Eggs tonight, May 1st. . . anyone else??

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure about the floating yolk or how to tell the condition of the air cells, even though I've tried to check my own shipped eggs to see what everyone describes. However, I have some shipped eggs in two 'bators right now, and they appear to be developing just fine. I am about to go into lockdown today for the first batch, in fact, with 14 out of 20 eggs making it this far. I'll let you know the final count when they hatch.

I have also set 10 Orpington eggs on May 1st, here in Cornwall, England. Second batch from my hens and Rooster Boris, should be blues and blacks, first lot hatched last monday, got 4 chicks from 7 eggs (1 chick is a foster egg for some one else) so 2 blues and 1 black for me. 2 eggs had turned to liqued after 10 day candleing, and one had a fully formed but dead chick, I was dissapointed, but told we had done pretty good for a first attempt, hope to do abit better this time round, I have posted some pics on my download, I am new to this site so getting the hang of it, so good luck to everyone, it is really exciting, I have become a real hatch bore now, its just good when others are so enthusiastic as well!

I can't see much until day 5-7. I've candled at day 3 and have no clue what I'm looking for.
smile.png

I was just wondering: Do you HAVE to candle? I am kind of afraid too. I don't want to drop one, or look to long or something, and then it gets too cold or whatever. I really don't have a clue what I'm supposed to see anyway.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom