Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

Luckily we live on 600 acres so room is not a problem. I have so many people that want chicks I can sell as many as I need to. Space is not a problem.....feed bills on the other hand..........

More pics just for fun!

I swear sometimes he does it just for fun..........

This was a warm day in Feb. I snowed a couple days later.

Wow your place is just AWESOME!!!! So what's up with the name, junkinstuff. I ask as my husband and his family have recycled metal (junked) for a living, forever. My husband's uncle owned many scrap yards here in Maine, Industrial Metals, until he sold out a few years ago. My husband still drives for the new company, One Steel. Your goat cracks me up!!!! Ans I love the bloodhound too!!!

Luckily we live on 600 acres so room is not a problem. I have so many people that want chicks I can sell as many as I need to. Space is not a problem.....feed bills on the other hand..........

More pics just for fun!

I swear sometimes he does it just for fun..........

This was a warm day in Feb. I snowed a couple days later.
WOW! Beautiful! Love the pics. 600 acres would be awesome!! We just bought 22 acres. In the future we'd like to buy some of the land around ours that seems to be abandoned, but that'll have to wait. Countryside in that part of the country is just amazing! I have family that lives in Upstate NY and it's just so different looking than here.

I wish I had pics of this spring. It was so beautiful. Here is some history of the Farm. Over the years surrounding farms were bought. http://www.msa.md.gov/megafile/msa/stagsere/se1/se5/026000/026500/026520/pdf/msa_se5_26520.pdf There are some old pics at the bottom. The original homestead still stands, It was started in 1654. Of course it has been added to and added to with modern kitchen and such but the original brick walls are still in the middle of the house. Nothing was torn down just built around it is very beautiful. All the original slave quarters are still standing and functional and have been converted to guest houses and such.

Last edited:
Junkinstuff- We have lots of junk and stuff........ Just kidding our last name is Junkin .

Karen and Chris Junkin lol

We sell arts and crafts and blown and slumped glass under JunkinStuff

Love the coon hound. She/He is beautiful!

Caribear- Good luck! I will candle all of my eggs tonight. Move the shipped eggs and a few others that are not ready into the Reptipro and will put the rest into lockdown in the genesis. Will let everybody know the lockdown count tonight!

So my nugget went broody... So i decided after a week of her broodieness i'd give her an egg from the incubator....one with good viens as for the other 17 eggs i think nothing going on.. Atleast thats how it appeared the last time i checked... We shall see...

Candled tonight...

first batch: the 2 larger eggs are looking good, still nothing in the 2 smaller ones
second batch: the 1 larger egg is looking good also, the 4 smaller ones -nothing.

I don't think the smaller eggs were fertile, since all of them are pretty clear.

So 2 for lock down this Monday and 1 for lock down next Monday. Going to have a lonely chick. Would it be okay to put the younger chick in with the 2 older chicks?

Back
Top Bottom