Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

God news this morning, I have 4 adorable Silkie babies raising a ruckus in my bator! 3 more egglets to go :D I'll post up pics when they're cute and fluffy!

Got back from the store and one of my 4 eggs is piping.
wee.gif
Hope the next three continue

Last edited:
Here they are, semi-fluffy, but still cute as little buttons. The one in front looks black, next is a blue, then a porcelain and my little white is all the way in the back blending in quite well with the towel they're snuggling on :D
photobucket-2210-1344103046396.jpg

It looks like my final count is going to be 6, which tickles me pink considering I didn't think any of these eggs were going to hatch. I just had another blue or black literally explode from its egg. It came out so fast it ripped its umbilical cord off, which caused it to bleed a bit. I pulled it out of the bator real quick and put some flour on its rear end (I hope that was the right thing to do), then I popped it back in to dry out. I have 1 more white egg working on coming out, my other white ended up being a late term quitter so I pitched it. I'll be glad when they're finished hatching, I'm ready to pack up my bator and be done with hatching for the year. Congrats to everyone who's got fluffies already, sorry to those who had problems and good luck to everyone still waiting!

Oh my gooooodnesssss...... One of the Lemon Cuckoo Orps from an egg with the horseshoe shaped aircell just hatched a day early! He is so tiny but looks great except for his yolk is still attached. Will keep a close eye on him, but if that one can hatch I hopefully will have a couple more!

Eggs that were placed yesterday have much better looking aircells. Only 2 that look really nice. Fingers crossed.

We all need to post new pics! I will post some more by tomorrow afternoon.

I guess I also need to go join another hatching thread, but I like you peeps and don't want to leave. How can we keep this going. Maybe we need to start a cool people that incubated in July thread in off topic forums so we can keep hanging out......

Well up to 9 out of 14 ... Even bubble butt hatchling is doing good although he is smaller than the rest..as is number 9 ..heard cheeping but no pip yet and one other had some movement no pip on that one yet either...I is a proud momma hen and will post pics when I can get the pc away from my daughter after supper lol...last count is 4 naked neck and 5 non ...

All 5 of mine failed:(

Cracked them open today and just chick soup inside. Must have quit about day 5 ??

Second failed hatch.

Now putting mad hatch into lockdown tonight. Hope i get SOMETHING from this lot.

I got a pip! I got a pip! I only have 3 in the bater so this is very good news! *happy dance*. I hope it makes it!
celebrate.gif

Sorry to hear about your hatch ejctm! Good luck on the next one!

Congrats silver1313, junkinstuff, howfunkyisurchicken, barko, and the rest of the thread gang! Thanks shelbear for starting this thread. There are great folks here! Will let ya'll know how many I end up with!

big_smile.png
Joan

45 Made it to lockdown. Had a total of 68 eggs. 10 still cooking.

Yes she is selling some infertile eggs. Private breeder in Hughesville MD. This is the worse time of year for fertilazation. But still did not expect 90 percent to be infertile even in july.
No, I would think she needs to work on her rooster to hen ratio or something...

Back
Top Bottom