Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

Well up to 9 out of 14 ... Even bubble butt hatchling is doing good although he is smaller than the rest..as is number 9 ..heard cheeping but no pip yet and one other had some movement no pip on that one yet either...I is a proud momma hen and will post pics when I can get the pc away from my daughter after supper lol...last count is 4 naked neck and 5 non ...

So happy for you! I can't wait to see pictures!!!!!

I got a pip! I got a pip! I only have 3 in the bater so this is very good news! *happy dance*. I hope it makes it! :celebrate

Sorry to hear about your hatch ejctm! Good luck on the next one!

Congrats silver1313, junkinstuff, howfunkyisurchicken, barko, and the rest of the thread gang! Thanks shelbear for starting this thread. There are great folks here! Will let ya'll know how many I end up with!
:D Joan
Wooooo hooooo! Congrats!!!! How many do you have now? All three I hope? Pictures pictures!

here's all 9 .. bubble butt aka tye and number 9 are bed buddies for now since number 9 is a little smaller than the rest as well !! 

They are So darling! I had bed buddies too! 2 little shrink-wrapped teeny ones that I didn't think we're going to make it, but they pulled through!! I hope bubble butt and tiny pull through too! Congrats! They are precious looking fuzzballs!

Well after being evacuated from my house due to fires. Our bator was way low. I candled all eggs tonight and of the ones that were supposed to hatch on Thurs. None were moving. so I went ahead and took them out. Little Bear is the only one I have so far. He made it though the evacuation and then driving all over town. He's a tough little booger! Here's the video from the fire damage. I did put 9 other eggs into lockdown today. These are more SFH, I really home some hatch. They were all moving! Come on more Chickies! I've got one lonely chick ready to play.
What a precious little survivor! Your story makes me want to cry! I hope you get a BIG batch of friends for him to play with!!!

Glad to see you are home Kim, phew, fire is so scary!!!

So many adorable chicks, thanks for sharing!!!!!

So I set 39 of my own eggs and only 10 chicks, 2 of which expired within the first 24 hrs, their eyes never opened, leaving me with 8 viable chicks.  I'm sure the 15hr 102.7* temp spike did them in.  I've had a hatch rate of about 75%+ of my home stock, until now. blah.......

I do have 37 Guinea eggs turning, ready for lock down on the 9th.  I have no interest in keeping guineas but my friend had a bunch of cool eggs from colored Guineas we figured we would hatch and sell together.

So I'm thinking it's time to put the bator away until Feb or March, it has been way too hot and humid here so get good temps from my LG, it seemed to run better when the heat was running and house stayed pretty even at 70* but now temps in the 80s-90 during the day and 50s-60 at night is screwing with the bator and making it a constant battle to control temps.  I hatch mostly to sell and people are not looking for newly hatched chick this late in the year as well, so time to put it away til next year.

I've hatched some Salmon Faverolles to keep and some Dorkings also to keep.  I'm going to cut my LBs back by maybe 4-6 hens and run with about 30 birds for the winter, more than enough for me to care for!!!!

So what do you all plan to do with your newly hatched chicks???????   I saw note of roo to hen ratio, what is the ideal ratio?  I have one rooster covering 11 hens and have had a good fertility rate, they are also about 16 months old so good and fertile age. 

Good luck on your guineas! What do their eggs look like?

Thnx everyone! Bear is being very noisy this morning. I have a feeling he/she's gonna wind up being my little purse chicken! He's my special little one!

Congrats to everyone on the Hatches & Pips!

becky - lucky you! I wish we were in the 80's-90's here. We reached an all time record high of 113* here 2 days ago. It's been consecutively around 110 for about the past week. Only in the 80's at night. It's like no relief. We had a cold front come in last night, the high today is only 102*. I can't wait till fall! My hubby just said the high for Thursday is 93* - OH THAT WOULD BE FANTASTIC!!!

After all this mess, I think i'll be asking for a new incubator from Santa! I wanna try and hatch some more eggs, but not gonna in this bator. It can't handle me leaving the house. It's super old tho and it was free, so i guess it was enough to addict me to hatching!

Wooooo hooooo! Congrats!!!! How many do you have now? All three I hope? Pictures pictures!
Shoot, I have only one hatching. I think the other two might have quit a couple days ago. I dunno.
hu.gif
Thankfully, one is going strong and almost out ...
celebrate.gif

It's name is Duck!
lau.gif
My friends' kids stopped by and one suggested the name. Kids really do appreciate irony! LOL

[youtube]

This is Duck. :D He (or she) is the only one of 3 that hatched. Isn't he the cutest???? Thanks for your support everyone! I loved being a part of this thread!

Back
Top Bottom