Setting eggs week of 7/13... Anyone with me??

I love DUCK!! Super cute! I might have to steal your name in the future.

My favorite chicken (named Turkey) got eaten. The only other one I've named is Bear (new SFH). I think I have a problem with naming my chicken other animal names.

Help...

I candled my lonely egg tonight. Since she is suppose to go into lock down tomorrow morning.

I was not able to take a good enough picture. Sorry.

She IS moving, but doesn't look like she developed enough. Looks like she's at day 15.

Should I leave her in the turner or move her to lock down?

Also... the air sac looks great. The dark mass is moving. The area with the fluid and chick, half is fluid and half is chick. Can't tell too much else, medium brown brahma egg.

Last edited:
JDchicks. I think you should stop turning. Days 7 to 14 have been shown to be the most important. Before and after that a very small diffrence. Thats why people sometimes dont turn shipped eggs till day 7. My chick like that was born super small but is doing fine and came earlier than the others. Those are also the chicks that sometimes hatch with yolk still attached.

I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!! Just spent half an hour typing out a post. Using all my skills. Such as wit, humor, bravery, intelligence, handsomeness,valiantry, and every other self praising word I can't think of right now........ And then frigging somehow closed it!!!!! Oh well will try later............................Sometimes I need to smack myself........

JDchicks. I think you should stop turning. Days 7 to 14 have been shown to be the most important. Before and after that a very small diffrence. Thats why people sometimes dont turn shipped eggs till day 7. My chick like that was born super small but is doing fine and came earlier than the others. Those are also the chicks that sometimes hatch with yolk still attached.

I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!! Just spent half an hour typing out a post. Using all my skills. Such as wit, humor, bravery, intelligence, handsomeness,valiantry, and every other self praising word I can't think of right now........ And then frigging somehow closed it!!!!! Oh well will try later............................Sometimes I need to smack myself........
I hate when that happens!

Help...

I candled my lonely egg tonight. Since she is suppose to go into lock down tomorrow morning.

I was not able to take a good enough picture. Sorry.

She IS moving, but doesn't look like she developed enough. Looks like she's at day 15.

Should I leave her in the turner or move her to lock down?

Also... the air sac looks great. The dark mass is moving. The area with the fluid and chick, half is fluid and half is chick. Can't tell too much else, medium brown brahma egg.
I have an egg like that too. I put 9 egg in lockdown and 1 of them was underdeveloped but was still moving, so I left it in there. only 1/2 of the space inside was taken up I could see light on both ends of the egg, my air cell was still in tact, so i just put it with the rest of the eggs.

Got 2 hatched today....only the 9 more to go!!!
Woohoo!!!
yippiechickie.gif

That's awesome news! Woohoo!

Good luck brookiesbrooder, JDchicks, and Kimbro1981!

Back
Top Bottom