Setting Feb 16, want to join in>Hatch-Along

I just set 28 in my second bator last night so technically, today is day one for those. I pulled 12 from my own coop (6 EE/BO or BR and 6 other mutt's or possible BR's) and then I have 16 Wheaten/Blue Wheaten's that I ordered. My group is the "control" group and the others are the experimental group......

I just went into lockdown with 22 of my own barnyard mix too - I had to pull one that died in the last 48 hours - it was losing a lot more weight than everyone else and he was shrink wrapped. It looked like he was a pure BR.....boo hoo! Hopefully I have a decent hatch - some of the eggs haven't lost a lot of weight (10% or so) so I am nervous - even though I kept my humidity low the whole time......

I have more OE's and Maran's coming next week to set too.....which is why I am building a 3rd incubator today. :) I think this might be a sickness.
lau.gif

I started on the morning of the15th and want to join in too:) We set 20 B/B/S Orpington eggs and 2 mutt eggs that my daughter and I picked out randomly from our mixed flock. We love surprises:)

I'd like to join please....
New hatcher here, I set 20 mixed of my own 2/14=10, 2/15=08, 2/16=02
I failed two eggs last month on my first try. One chick was mostly develpoed though bottom of stomach was opened????
The other chick was the size of a quater very small. My fault i'msure. I did not have water in the bator till lockdown. I had no humidity gauge. Running still air and the glass themo that came with the bator. Though after alot of reading I have learned alot and hope to improve my hatching skills.
Im using a LG with a turner and a cpu fan I just installed last night. I have 3 seperate gauges for both humidity and temp. bottom, middle and top of eggs. I have the dish of water and the sponge. I'm running a constant temp of 100.3 humidity is 20 - 45% shooting for 35% but it is difficult to keep.
Could i or should I do anything else before its too late?

Can I join if I just "set" five eggs under my suddenly broody house Silkie? She has only lived with me for two weeks, so I don't know how reliable an incubator she'll be...

I took her three non-fertile eggs and replaced them with five from my flock. Actually, I just put them into the brooder bin near her - she tucked each one underneath her body and repositioned herself.
:love

Add me too! I set some yesterday, th 15th, 7 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and 1 dozen Buff Orpington, plus 2 Silkie and 5 Belgian Quail D'Anvers.

I have 16 Belgian Quail due to hatch on the 24th also.

I wanted to tell Pcreel that setting eggs on different days is not a real good idea.
Unless you have another incubator handy for lockdown and then it won't be locked down if you have to open it to add more eggs.....you may have created a problem for yourself.

Also do exactly what the manufacturer says as far as temp and humidity, 45% is a good number for the humidity usually.

Better to save the eggs if they are just a few days old and set all at once.

My 16 due to hatch were from a total of 16 that I set on the 4th, ALL were fertile and still doing great.

I ordered a new Genesis 1588, the new kind with the good read out on lid and was anxious to try it. I bought the BLRW eggs and the Buff Orpingtons and then threw in some of my own just as a check reference, I KNOW they are fertile and will hatch.
So I'm anxious for the new chicks and also anxious to test this new bator at the same time.

I bought a incubator for my daughter for valentines day and just set a dozen eggs today. They are just Isa Brown/Red Stars/sexlinks. Only fertile eggs I could find near me, the chicks will be cute either way. First year trying to hatch, usually we get some from the feedstore. We had a broody hen the last two years but no luck.

I set 30 eggs this morning. The whites are from my leghorns, the large brown/red eggs are from my welsummer and the smaller brown are from either my buff orpington, speckled Sussex or Barred Rock.

I set 20 eggs on the 15th, and five on the 16th. I have seven Basques, six cream legbars, seven EEs (possibly lav ams), and seven Silkies. Here they are. I thought I had only 25, but just recounted. 27 total, lol. The Silkies may not be fertile, but we'll know when I candle next week. Half were shipped eggs.

Back
Top Bottom