Setting Feb 16, want to join in>Hatch-Along

maryhysong

Songster
7 Years
Aug 24, 2012
Claypool, Arizona
OK I wasn't going to hatch any more right now, just got the Dec babies all outside a couple weeks ago. BUT! I have a real meaner roo going to freezer camp this weekend and decided to go ahead and collect and hatch some eggs before I put the girls in with another roo.

So I'm setting eggs tomorrow; there should be 6 Welsh Harlequin duck and 8 or 10 Buff Orpingtons. Any one else setting eggs this week?

Set some this morning
smile.png
Finally got them through the mail; 25 buckeyes, 15 new hampshire, a Faverolles and a Light sussex. 42 in all!
lol.png
The bator is stuffed! Fingers crossed, hopefully we get an alright hatch rate with the shipped biddies

I set some eggs this morning as well!

4 Blue copper marans
4 blue splash marans
3 blue orpington
1 lavendar oprington
3 blue silkies
3 red silkies
2 bantam barnevelders
4 belgian antwerp quail

Fingers crossed! They are all shipped so I hope they do okay!

Just set 48 eggs this morning! I haven't hatched any since last spring, so I am a bit out of practice. These are just mixed- the chickens are:light bramas. ee. buff orphentons. indian rivers. quail bantems. cochin. cinamons. rhoad islands. roos quail bantum silkys and americana . I bought them from a local lady that says eggs and said she had more eggs than she could sell! Paid $2 a dozen. She has 4 roosters with 30 hens so there is a pretty good chance of them being fertile. :) I haven't had any chickens on the place since September so I can't wait!!

Last edited:
I just set 28 in my second bator last night so technically, today is day one for those. I pulled 12 from my own coop (6 EE/BO or BR and 6 other mutt's or possible BR's) and then I have 16 Wheaten/Blue Wheaten's that I ordered. My group is the "control" group and the others are the experimental group......

I just went into lockdown with 22 of my own barnyard mix too - I had to pull one that died in the last 48 hours - it was losing a lot more weight than everyone else and he was shrink wrapped. It looked like he was a pure BR.....boo hoo! Hopefully I have a decent hatch - some of the eggs haven't lost a lot of weight (10% or so) so I am nervous - even though I kept my humidity low the whole time......

I have more OE's and Maran's coming next week to set too.....which is why I am building a 3rd incubator today. :) I think this might be a sickness.
lau.gif

I started on the morning of the15th and want to join in too:) We set 20 B/B/S Orpington eggs and 2 mutt eggs that my daughter and I picked out randomly from our mixed flock. We love surprises:)

I'd like to join please....
New hatcher here, I set 20 mixed of my own 2/14=10, 2/15=08, 2/16=02
I failed two eggs last month on my first try. One chick was mostly develpoed though bottom of stomach was opened????
The other chick was the size of a quater very small. My fault i'msure. I did not have water in the bator till lockdown. I had no humidity gauge. Running still air and the glass themo that came with the bator. Though after alot of reading I have learned alot and hope to improve my hatching skills.
Im using a LG with a turner and a cpu fan I just installed last night. I have 3 seperate gauges for both humidity and temp. bottom, middle and top of eggs. I have the dish of water and the sponge. I'm running a constant temp of 100.3 humidity is 20 - 45% shooting for 35% but it is difficult to keep.
Could i or should I do anything else before its too late?

Back
Top Bottom