Setting Feb 16, want to join in>Hatch-Along

Candled again last night and had to get rid of 3 more. I'm down to 21 eggs. For some reason my brown eggs didn't do too well this time around. I only have 6 and I started out with 12. I have 15 white leghorn eggs. I plan on selling this batch.

I candled one last time.
The 4 I was unsure of are moving.
But two seem very different than the others.
7 eggs are full but 2 seem like there is about of room. Like they are kinda small swimming around inside.
They are both blue eggs.
I have 6 blue eggs 1crested and 2 leghorns.
When should i bring up the humidity? And how high?
I had a hard time keeping it between 35&45 %.
I have a bowl with water hand towel.
All wells full in the LG and an additional dish of water.

I candled my eggs again last night and decided to cull my ONLY Lavender Orpington! It was a tough one. The egg-topsy revealed a day 12-13 quitter :(. I am SO sad, I was really hoping that one would hatch. The three Blue Silkies look great, one Maran looks great and the other two Marans are questionable... I guess I will find out this week! My question to you all: I set on 2/15, so today is day 18, right?! I am going to come home on lunch and set them all and spike the humidity. Do I place them on a certain side or will they naturally roll into the correct postition with the larger end of the air sac up? They appear to be independently roll-y already! I also switched from my Farm Innovators Forced air incubator to a Brinsea Eco 20 yesterday. It works like a dream I am so crazy about it! The humidity holds so well! Tomorrow or tonight I am going to set up my brooder tank. Any tips for lockdown?!

My question to you all: I set on 2/15, so today is day 18, right?!

I have the same question Paula:) I set them at 9am on the 15th but I was thinking that tomorrow is the 18th day??? I've got myself in a tizzy because, as usual, I'm over thinking things and obsessing! So sorry about your lavender orp:(. After my last candling I ended up with 12 potential eggs. 5 of them (b/b/s orpingtons) are from a 15 egg shipment. They are the only ones to develope from that shipment and all 5 have these huge saddle like air cells. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they make it.
I'm planning to have mine hatch out of cut down egg cartons because of some things I've read on this site.

Back
Top Bottom