Setting Feb 16, want to join in>Hatch-Along

I think I had some beginner luck last time. I set 10 and hatched 8. This time I set 30, 20 went into lockdown and so far I"ve had 9 hatch, 7 living including the sickly one. I had 2 that had pipped but I think they quit cause last night they quit peeping and no movement. It's so hard cause I wanted to help them but I didn't want to interfere too early. 8 eggs are still in the bator waiting to see what they do. Today's only day 21 so we'll see.

My 13 are doing great. Late last night (more like early this morning) I transferred the 13 to the brooder. I still have the 5 eggs left in the incubator. While getting the 13 out I noticed that one of the eggs had pipped a little bit. I removed all of the empty shells, added water and shut it back down. This morning when I checked on them I could hear a little peep from an egg. Just now this one hatched! :) Four more eggs left. I hope they hatch too! I think this would be considered day 21 so I'm hoping. Next time I am going to rig up a clear rubber tube and a syringe to use to add water through the vent holes.

Good luck with yours! :)

Pip hatched in the middle of the night as a surprise! Also, Willow and Duffy are pipped so the hatch cam is back up :). This is Day 21 for them.

Yesterday I picked up my 4 bantam sultan chicks from the feed store and moved Olive and Rose to the brooder.

Here are some pics!

It looks like I have a late hatcher. I have another egg that is pipped. Day 22. my first eggs hatched by day 20.5. Hopefully the new guy wont get picked on too much from the older chicks when it goes into the brooder.

Anyone else have issues with putting a chick that hatched with chicks that are a few days older?

Okay ya'll I cleaned my bator out this afternoon - had 2 eggs that were going bad and my kitchen was getting really smelly!! Well... one of my banty eggs started cheeping as I was cleaning out the bator... So bator is cold and I have a egg in my bra now... it has since pipped and I am waiting patiently for the incubator to heat back up!! It keeps moving around in there... Hubby says I have gone broody. lol

Okay ya'll I cleaned my bator out this afternoon - had 2 eggs that were going bad and my kitchen was getting really smelly!! Well... one of my banty eggs started cheeping as I was cleaning out the bator... So bator is cold and I have a egg in my bra now... it has since pipped and I am waiting patiently for the incubator to heat back up!! It keeps moving around in there... Hubby says I have gone broody. lol

lau.gif
That's awesome! Have him take a picture for posterity!

Susan

It looks like I have a late hatcher. I have another egg that is pipped. Day 22. my first eggs hatched by day 20.5. Hopefully the new guy wont get picked on too much from the older chicks when it goes into the brooder.

Anyone else have issues with putting a chick that hatched with chicks that are a few days older?

Just keep an eye on them and I wouldn't put them together until the new chicks can actually walk away. You could maybe put them in a little box in the brooder or something, but I just found my 2 day olds jumping up onto the stuffed animal I have in there that's about 2x as tall as they are! Maybe you could put some kind of divider in the brooder?

Susan

lol.png
Awesome. I agree that we need a picture to confirm the story.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom