Setting in next two days

luvmychixandducks

Songster
10 Years
Jul 15, 2010
Danvers, Massachusetts
Bought some bunnies to raise and the farmers wife gave me a dozen eggs and a pound of honey. When I got home I called and asked if the eggs were from that day or were refrigerated. Was told they were collected that AM so after settling a day into the incubator they will go . Eggs are half brown eggs and half green. Hope to get a few free chicks out of this gift. Thank you Dan and wife. (And yes they have three roos so eggs will be fertile. )

luvmychixandducks

Songster
10 Years
Jul 15, 2010
Danvers, Massachusetts
Day 4 I checked the temp and it had climbed to 104 . Adjusted and it is now 99 but I have little hope my eggs survived the spike.
Will continue to incubate but will need to wait until I can candle to confirm live chicks.
Keep a good thought . The moderators moved me from hatching forum to stories of my chickens so don't know if anybody will find me. Any words of encouragement cheerfully accepted.

luvmychixandducks

Songster
10 Years
Jul 15, 2010
Danvers, Massachusetts
Encouraging news - checked the bator and can hear chirps coming from the eggs. No hatching efforts at this time but not a total train wreck like I expected after the temp spike on day 4 . Will let you know how many bust out . Thanks for the encouragement Drumstick diva and PenguPen . Hatch day is not until tomorrow anyway .

luvmychixandducks

Songster
10 Years
Jul 15, 2010
Danvers, Massachusetts
PenguPen what is the story on the eggs you said are on day three ? Home grown or shipped ? Barnyard mix or purebreds ? Keep us informed as we wait for something to happen in the bators. You must be at day 6 now. Anything to share ? Please no disaster tales....

PenguPen

Chirping
May 20, 2020
Homegrown eggs, farmyard mix. From a lady I work with. Ive gotten eggs from her before but they hadn’t been chilled. Out of the dozen I got from her 5 hatched and one was an early quitter. So not to shabby of fertilazation

Top Bottom