setting today 9/15/11 - anyone else?

I set eggs on 9/15 so we're hatching buddies!!!
woot.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif

I know I"m a day late and a dollar short
idunno.gif
but I just set mine tonight. I had planned on this morning but couldnt get the temp right or humidity high enough. All looks good right now. I set 12 eggs. They will be mutt chickens.
tongue.png
I have a GLW roo and I know I have two ee eggs but the rest are either/both Golden comets and GLW. So it will be intresting. I am not sure the EE eggs are fertile. Anyway I hope it all goes well this is my first hatch and I"m so eggggcitied!
ya.gif

Okay I'll join in via 6 pumpkin hulsey eggs that one of my fiveph hens stole from her room mates. She was initially sharing setting responsibilities with a friend hen but she got in a fight with her and the eggs all fell from the nest. Well the determined mother found these eggs that her roomies had hidden and has plopped her little self on them and will not be moved ....Tomorrow, I'm going to get in there and try to sneak a picture.... It will take a lot of courage! If you don't hear from me for a day or two, I'm recovering from a broody attack:( Happy Hatching Y'all and remember the broody rules!)

mtlister - hello, and
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif
great to have you on the thread with us, and hopefully well on your way to a new BYC addiction.
wee.gif

I decided tonight after watching my "perfectly regulated" LG bator fluctuate between 93 and 102 degrees for a day
barnie.gif
, that I would just use my old reptile heater thermostat instead. So now the forced air bator is plugged in to the thermostat, and the thermostat sensor is in the bator. It turns the whole shebang on and off as needed, so the air is not always running, but temps have been nice and stable all day, so
fl.gif
for a good hatch. Thanks all for joining me, and good luck to you all. What types of bators are those of you that are incubating using? If you have a broody, is it her first set, or is she an experienced momma?

Now, we wait!
pop.gif
caf.gif

First maybe broody here - not sure if she will stay broody or not, hoping she does though.

She's a hatchery SLW, never heard of one going broody, but hey, maybe she will!

She tucked all the eggs under her when I put them off to the side of her nest, hoping she makes a good broody.

I"m in! Yesterday I set 4 lavender americana and 16 frizzled easter eggers, shipped from ILoveFrizzies in GA - using a still-air LG with auto turner. I thought I was taking a break from hatching, but SURPRISE! I got an email saying replacement eggs were shipped
ep.gif
. Getting the temperature regulated now since this was a bit of a rush and get ready... but crossing my fingers for a happy hatch to everyone!

I am using a Hovabator Genesis 1588... It is so awesome and I have had almost 100% hatches with shipped eggs from it...and I don't even know what I am doing..it is so idiot proof it is not funny!

I also have a broody out there so I might go and sneak a few eggs under her and see how it goes?

Back
Top Bottom