Setting tonight 10/20/10...DAY 19 hatch....PICS

Wegs813

Songster
9 Years
May 5, 2010
SE Minnesota
I am going to give this whole incubation thing a try. I will be setting about 20 of my own eggs tonight. Anyone have any last minute pointers? Anything you wish you would have known on your first hatch?
I have read this site up and down and have learned a lot.
One question I have....I have a little giant forced 9200 that I bought the fan for...with the fan, what should the temp be? 99.5 or a little warmer?
I am really excited to see what I get out of this one...I am not expecting a perfect hatch...I will be happy with whatever comes out of it.

Last edited:
I will be setting some eggs on 10/21, since they just arrived in the mail and need to rest overnight, but I'll be glad to participate in this thread.

I'm using Brinsea products, and I set the temp at 99.6.

I NEVER expect a perfect hatch - as a matter of fact, I always assume the worst and am insanely happy if ONE chick makes it! (I have been lucky in that I've had better than that, but my expectations are low so I don't get too disappointed.)

Well, for your first hatch, all you need to do for the first 18 days is check the humidity and temp, and turn the eggs if you don't have an auto-turner. I use auto-turners so I WILL NOT OPEN THE INCUBATOR and mess with anything.

I candle ONCE, on the 10th or 12th day, whenever I get up enough nerve to do so.
big_smile.png
Even then, I don't discard the eggs.... what if I missed something and just THOUGHT it was not developing? (I have had some pretty dark eggs, couldn't see into 'em.)

Don't fiddle with it unless it needs fiddlin'.

Good luck! Meetcha back here now and again.

Hi

I just set 49 eggs today at 2:00 AM night. These are mix eggs like white cochin, polish, silkie, japanese bantam and some others too.

Regards

Naveed

I just put some button quail eggs in on the 17th. They will hatch around the same time as your chicken eggs. I'm very nervous about these eggs. It's my first time hatching Buttons.

I have to confess...curiosity got the best of me last night and I had to take the eggs out and candle them. Being my first time I was not totally sure what to look for. At the top end of the egg there was a dark mass and in a couple of them I could definitely see vein looking things. Being the person I am I wanted to crack an egg open to see what was going on inside....needless to say, there was definitely the start of something going on.
This is a learning process for me and has been lots of fun to this point. Like I told my husband last night...if I get nothing out of this hatch I turn right around and throw more eggs in.

Quote:
That's the spirit!!

It's just a rush when something we might normally crack open and cook up for breffus actually turns into a little living, breathing creature! I am filled with awe when that happens. Can't get enough of it.

I set some 12 eggs on October 22 at 1:00 am...

They all should hatch on November 11... on a Thursday...

I have a question when should i first candle them?

And also does it affect the embryo if the temperate goes up to 105 F for 15 minutes..? I'm kind of worried
hmm.png

Daisy & Sharpy :

I set some 12 eggs on October 22 at 1:00 am...

They all should hatch on November 11... on a Thursday...

I have a question when should i first candle them?

And also does it affect the embryo if the temperate goes up to 105 F for 15 minutes..? I'm kind of worried
hmm.png

I am not the one to answer your questions, cuz I have no clue...it would be like the blind leading the blind.
Just wanted to say good luck!!!​

Back
Top Bottom