Setting up the bator and setting shipped eggs this week....anyone else wanna join?

Thanks everybody! I had a surprise when I went to take the eggs out from under my broody hen so I could put my D'uccle chicks with her. She hatched 2 out of 4 of her eggs! I thought they were all dead. So happy! So now she has 7 chicks to take care of and seems very happy. Pictures of the "family" soon.

How wonderful! That has to be so much fun to watch - a mom with her babies... How can than not bring a smile to your day :jumpy

Thanks everybody! I had a surprise when I went to take the eggs out from under my broody hen so I could put my D'uccle chicks with her. She hatched 2 out of 4 of her eggs! I thought they were all dead. So happy! So now she has 7 chicks to take care of and seems very happy. Pictures of the "family" soon.
Pictures!!!!

I have 5 out and 4 pips..I do not know why they are so early..I did not expect this many till tomorrow and the rest Saturday..lol..A nice surprise!

Thank you! I tell you, they are little rolly polly balls of fluff - so cute! We have aptches of snow left. The temps keep creeping up to the low 40s, so it should melt off pretty quickly. I hear you guys are getting some cooler temps too. Hope all your fruit trees are OK!

The last few nights have been very chilly down around 40 for us but back up in the 70s today for the high and the fruit trees made through...thankfully. I'll send you pics when the fruit gets a little bigger.

I have 28 baby chicks and three eggs left in the bator. They are not due until today so I am OK with letting them sit in there.

This has been my best hatch in a while. They are my own birds so I have better hatches than shipped. It sure would be nice to get 100%.
fl.gif

I have 28 baby chicks and three eggs left in the bator. They are not due until today so I am OK with letting them sit in there.

This has been my best hatch in a while. They are my own birds so I have better hatches than shipped. It sure would be nice to get 100%.
fl.gif

That is awesome.....just 3 away from 100% hatch!!! We will be waiting to hear the final results.
pop.gif
Fingers and toes crossed!!
fl.gif

images

Happy Easter

30 out..one piped just setting there..the chicks are pecking the hole and making it bigger. I know it is OK cause every time someone picks something other than shell ..the chick screams....siblings are so nice to each other.

Back
Top Bottom